“Not Worth It”

Ranked #348 of 878 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Chinese
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The service was terrible. Sat and sat waiting to be noticed - 3 of us. Finally had to go and ask if we could order. The various items ordered were of low quality but my 97 year old mother in law was happy. We have gone here many times in the past. The service and food was good. Now, no way. Seemed to be new owners. There was a lunch buffet which did not look outstanding so we ordered off the menu. Disappointing. We will not return.

“Once It Was Goo, But NOT NOW”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We have gone here before and the food and service was good. Not this time. We ordered 3 different lunch specials. They all tasted of old grease. One meal, the meat tasted as if it was spoiled. The Waton aand Egg Drop soup was terrible. The rolls were fried in very old greace and tasted terrible. Service, what is that. I had to finally go to the manager to be waited on. I was with my wife and her 98 year old Mom who loves Chinese food. A year ago the staff treated Mom like a Princes but this time she was not worth taking note of. The only rapid bit of service was the check s arrival and the taking of the money. A shame this place has gone so down hill. Last time here.

San Diego, California, United States
“Good Family Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very tasty Chinese food at reasonable prices. Family atmosphere, directly across the street from the Ballston Metro station. We had soup, the special lo mein, and a chicken veggie dish (I forgot the name). Excellent service even included a hot face towel at the end of the meal

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Authentic Northeastern Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have passed by this restaurant many times as it looks like an Americanized Chinese take out place. Since it's by Ballston Metro, my husband order carryout from the all English typical Chinese menu. Food was not bad but my husband told me they have another menu. I checked online and ....What a surprise!! The North Easter Chinese menu which is full of pictures with both Chinese and English offers great choices. We gave it a try yesterday and the Northeastern menu looks so appealing and the food is very good. At the end of meal, they offered the sweet green bean soup and hot towel. We were so satisfied and will surely come back again!

• Visited May 2013
boston, ma
“What a dissappointment!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was planning for a one day business trip in DC and found online this restaurant near the hotel I stayed. I was excited to learn from the reviews that it offers "authentic" Chinese food Dongbei style as such food are not available where I live. So I called for a carryout order while I was waiting for my plane at the airport and told them I would pick it up at 2.5hr later at 8pm. I was aslo planning to order some food to share with folks at home. I got there at 8:15pm. After I paid for the food, the woman at the reception told me to take a seat as the food was not yet ready. It was odd as it was 15 minutes later than the scheduled time and many tables were vacant. Anyway I took a seat facing the reception desk and waited. While I waited there I saw two food packages from the kitchen and the woman handed one to a lady who was also waiting but did not call me. I waited and eventually an old gentleman came and asked me if I was waiting for carry out or to be seated. I told him the situation and he went to the kitchen to check out and then returned to indicate the food package at the reception desk was for me. The woman just responded "I don't see her".

As I picked up the food to leave, I thought about asking "Was there a pair of chopsticks?". The answer was "no" and the reception woman then passes me a pair of chopsticks. "Was there napkin?" then she passed ma a piece of napkin. "Spoon?" then she passed me a spoon.

The food was OK though not meeting the hype. With the service I know I'll not come back again.

• Visited February 2013