“Yummy dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I stopped by the restaurant before a movie. Service was adequate but the food great. My friend had one if the appetizers for lunch and I had the barbecue with cold slaw and the yummiest French
Fries. The cold slaw had bits of apple making a surprise in your mouth. The barbecue, while not a tremendous amount and falling off the bun was tangy and sweet. I'd certainly come again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This rock bottom can always be relied upon for good brew and food. Service is consistently friendly and good. Menus change seasonally.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food: 3
Beer: 4
Service: 2
Atmosphere: 4
Location: 5
Value: 2-3

Upon returning to the Washington D.C. area approx. five years ago, Rock Bottom (Arlington) was one of the first restaurants that caught my eye. As I walked by the outside seating area, I noticed a waiter laughing along with the people at his table. Intrigued, I went there for lunch a few days later. Upon entering, you first notice the bar with the beer making equipment in the background. As we sat down and ate, we were greeted by the same waiter I had seen laughing outside a few days earlier, and we too ended up having a pleasant experience. Since that time, I have been taking my friends and family there anytime I was looking for a good meal in a great atmosphere at a reasonable price. Several years later, and fast forward to approx. a year or so ago, and things have unfortunately changed for the worse. Over past couple of years, the quality of the food has slowly diminished. Until recently, it wasn't that bad, and I chalked it up to cost cutting measures. This was until two weeks ago when I went with a friend for dinner. After being seated, we were greeted by our waitress, she was pleasant, but I noticed something missing. There was no longer any explanation of the beers, and no mat on the table with the beer list. Since Rock Bottom markets itself as a brew pub, shouldn't selling its beers be important? In fact, in previous years, the beer was part of the experience. After choosing our drinks, my eyes searched over the new menu. After looking around I found an old classic, something I knew I liked, the Club Sandwich and fries. After waiting with an empty drink for a while, our meals were brought to us. As the waitress put the meals down, my eyes went directly to my sandwich. What's this? Is this someone else's meal I thought. I guess the waitress could tell from the look on my face that something was wrong, and she asked if everything was ok. I looked at my sandwich and commented that the sandwich used to be more substantial. What used to be a significant amount of meat/cheese lettuce etc. on ciabatta had been reduced to not much more than a single layered ham sandwich on white bread for $13. After an awkward silence, I came to the realization that things have changed at Rock Bottom.
I hope that Rock Bottom will return to doing some of the things they used to do right. In an area inundated with restaurants, it is the small things that help set restaurants apart! While at one time I would have strongly recommended Rock Bottom to anyone looking for a meal/drinks in Arlington, until things change, I believe there are too many other restaurants doing things better in the area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We go there for lunch on weekends - good salads and burgers. Also took a group there for a birthday lunch which everyone enjoyed. The wait staff is very nice.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Been here twice for a work function. Stuck around the second time to eat. Haven't had a bad beer from there yet, all great selections including seasonal varieties. Food was good, definitely much better than I was expecting for a pub. Lots of TVs for viewing games, especially if you are in the bar area. Only let down is this is in the Ballston mall, kinda of an odd entry area, but I've still enjoyed eating/drinking there.