“Food and Service beyond great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlyle

Carlyle
Ranked #1 of 858 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This Martin Luther King Jr. Day we will be opening at 11:00 AM and serving brunch until 3:00 PM High energy, American bistro with seasonal outside dining and year round classic fare. A perennial brunch favorite.
Portland, Oregon
“Food and Service beyond great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped by for appetizers last night and returned for dinner tonight. We've been on the road for almost three weeks and dining out every night. The Carlyle tops our list of great food and super service. We would suggest, I should say strongly encourage, anyone in the area of Arlington, VA. to enjoy a evening here and experience the food and service.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have had dinner her numerous times over the years. The food preparation, quality and service are always excellent. Prices are very reasonable for what you get in the DC area. I especially like the seafood entrees...salmon, shrimp grit cakes, and crab cakes, along with the salads and soups. My only complaint involves the wine selections by the glass. The wines are often brands commonly seen at Trader Joe's and local grocery stores. I would recommend that they mix up the varieties to include less obscure (but similarly priced) choices by the glass.

• Visited September 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“pls don't sweep the floor while im eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Look, I’m telling you that I really like carlye in shirlington section of Arlington. We always go there when we visit family in northern Virginia. I love the call ahead service so you can avoid the lines. Our wait was just a few minutes. our server mauric #145 was very pleasant.

My boneless ribeye was hot and cooked as ordered. The salmon salads and flounder piccata were excellent. I love their mashed cauliflower and always order it instead of the mashed potatoes.

Everything perfect… EXCEPT.. I know it was late.. around 9.30 on a Sunday night and I know the staff wants to go home, BUT PLEASE DO NOT SWEEP THE FLOORS NEXT TO US AS WE ARE EATING! I find this gross having dust fly up. Please wait until I go home before you clean the restaurant.

Would I go back… certainly. It’s a fun relatively inexpensive place to eat. Highly recommended.

2 Thank alfnot1111
norcross
“Good Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

There were three people and we all had steak. The food was cooked as ordered and served with a smile. The steaks were above average and we would go back again

Visited October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Lunch with co-workers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently had lunch here with some coworkers- about 9 of us in total. Service was great, restaurant was quite quiet, although maybe the govt shutdown/furloughs have cut into their lunch business. Menu had lots of options, and they had great wine choices. I had the New Orleans shrimp and grit cakes. It had great flavor, but the ratio of sauce to grit cake was definitely off. I had lots of sauce left over, but no cake to sop it up. That being said, I will most definitely be back- everything my coworkers had also looked delicious.

• 3 of 5 bubbles