“nice restaurant in shirlington”
Review of Carlyle

Carlyle
Ranked #1 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Martin Luther King Jr. Day we will be opening at 11:00 AM and serving brunch until 3:00 PM High energy, American bistro with seasonal outside dining and year round classic fare. A perennial brunch favorite.
Arlington, Virginia
“nice restaurant in shirlington”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

ther food has always been good very consistant but the bar area seems
to be closed for lunch whenever we are there which doesn't make sense
to me they should have outside tables in the summer

Yulee, Florida
“Bad front of the house...disappointed”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Heard nothing about great things about the Carlyle, good food, great service and great location. However, my friends and I went there on a Saturday night for dinner before a black tie event in DC. Let's say we left disappointed.

With Carlyle, they don't accept reservations, but you can call ahead (30-45 mins prior) and put your name on the list. We called ahead, and majority of group arrived on time. However, the hostess wouldn't sit us until our entire party had arrived (despite the fact I told the hostess our missing member was just parking the vehicle). Once our last guest arrived, I notified the hostess that we were all here; the hostess gave me a pager to told me to wait. I asked how long it would be and she said she would get back with me. 10 mins past and I went back up to inquire. The hostess said "oh, another 20-30" mins. 20 mins passed and we inquired again about our table. Apparently they bumped us down to the bottom of the wait list since we were missing one of our guests (reminder, the missing guest was just parking the car). To say the least, we were upset and asked to speak to the manager. The same lady who checked me in claimed she was the manager but didn't apologize or admit their mistake. Our party so disappointed that we immediately left the restaurant.

I may try the Carlyle again, but will think twice before doing so.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank T W
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Consistently great food!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We eat at Carlyle so often that sometimes we refer to it as out other kitchen! The food is always good but my favorite meal is their crab-cakes. Try their sweet potato fries too, yum! The service has always been excellent too.

• Visited December 2012
Alstead, New Hampshire
“Great food great service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I thought the food was very tasty and the waiter was attentive but not overbearing. I thought of it as pricey but compared to some of the other restaurants in the area I believe it was a good value

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Consistently good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've come here for brunch several times throughout the year. The food is always wonderful, and the service is solid. The beignets are tremendous, as is the burger, French toast, crab cakes...everything we've tried. Great bar, comfortable and airy atmosphere that feels open despite the crowd that is always packed in, especially on weekends.

• Visited July 2012