“Reliably good. . .”

Carlyle
Ranked #1 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This Martin Luther King Jr. Day we will be opening at 11:00 AM and serving brunch until 3:00 PM High energy, American bistro with seasonal outside dining and year round classic fare. A perennial brunch favorite.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Reliably good. . .”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This chain of restaurants (Carlyle, Coastal Flats, Mike's American Grille and others) rarely disappoints. Carlyle has great dinner options and a great brunch too. Only complaint is that I think they could change their menu more often - but then I might get disapponted that they didn't have something that I always like to order (banana pudding)!

Visited March 2012

“Best meal I've ever had!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We love to dine out, and we do so often. Without exception, my Mahi Mahi at the Carlyle might well have been the best meal I've ever had--anywhere. We were hosting a family holiday gathering for dinner, and all seven of us were delighted with the wine, various entrees, and incredible desserts. Beautiful decor (gorgeously decorated for Christmas) and impeccable service. I highly recommend this to all. There is something on the menu for everyone, and it is very family friendly too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Going strong for 20+ years”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is an old standby - great food, service and consistent. A neighborhood restaurant that is more upscale than most neighborhood establishments. Anyone can find something they like here.

Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great service - wonderful food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

everything was cooked to perfection and the desserts were awesome. This is my favorite American Restaurant. The service was outstanding. It is a little expensive but it is worth it!

Visited September 2012
Charlottesville, VA
“Amazing Food!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Second time dining here and felt I had to write a review because this restaurant is amazing. In an area with thousands of places to eat Carlyle is a sure thing. I dined on a Wednesday night around 6:30pm with my mother and sister and we only had a 10 minute wait. Staff is very friendly and helpful to people of all ages. I'm disabled so they escorted me up an elevator in the kitchen to the second floor. I also saw the wait staff seat an elderly gentleman using a walker ASAP and did not make him wait. The food is amazing!!! My mother's crab cakes were the best she's ever had in the area and I had the shrimp and grit cakes and it was to die for. I thought the prices and portions were very fair for the NOVA area. Place was packed so I felt this was a really good sign that the food was great. Would come back and recommend.

• Visited December 2012