“Great Italian Deli”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 4, 2013

loved the Italian Store. And that is what it is - a store that selling Italian food and wine. It also has a deli where you can get cold salads, sandwiches, pizzas and calzones. Be warned - the only tables are outside. So not good for a hot day. But the food was reasonable in price and absolutely delicious. It was a 1.3 mile easy walk from the Marriot Key Bridge. Some of the best food on our trip.

1  Thank cliffy31

Reviewed August 29, 2013

While not as well traveled as say, Marco Polo, I have eaten in many places domestically and internationally. The Italian Store even smells like a delicious store. I knew I was in the right place when I walked in. If you come at lunch time you will wait. The heros ( for no Nyers, the subs or hoagies are great. The pizza is delicious too. There is a good selection of winebut nothing under $9.99. You will find food here that is otherwise difficult to locate. There is a very nice selection of cheeses.

1  Thank dbcjj
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been grabbing some of the best subs anywhere since 1984, and keep coming back. The Capri is my fav, but they are all great.

They also have an impressive selection of Italian wines - some very reasonable finds.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ran the wife down on a Saturday after reading the great reviews. I'm a Philly native so I'm no stranger to great Italian delis. 5 stars for having the correct deli smell. We bagged lunch because there were so many people (I'm talking 40) waiting for their orders, waiting to place orders, and paying. We actually headed next door and ate at The Burger Joint (which was quite good by the way). After our burger we went back over to browse the store section, still packed. They have some really great looking meats and cheeses as well and some interesting ravioli flavors.

Next time I'll call in sick and hit them on a weekday, that should make getting a slice and sandwich a little easier :)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Delicious pizza and the best subs in town. I am a big fan of the Italian Store and have been getting my pizza/sandwich fix here for years! I think the most useful thing I can share is an overview of the ordering process, as the food speaks for itself. It is also worth checking out their wine, cheese, pasta, olive oil, and meat selection.

Ordering process:
1. Subs: Take a number and wait until they call for you. Be sure to order extra peppers, they are delicious.

2. Slice of pizza: No need to take a number. Head to the back of the store and order your slice.

3. Whole Pizza Pie: Order at least an hour and a half before closing. Otherwise, you will be denied.