“Mmmmmmm......”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mmmmmmm......”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Italian Store fills a void. Their subs range from fine to excellent. The pizza isn't too bad either. All in all if you have a pizza/sub need, the Italian Store will satisfy that need. You'll be happy.

• Visited August 2012

USA
“Awesome Italian sub sandwiches”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Always popular but never too busy not to stop, this authentic Italian sub shop is absolutely my favorite quick stop for a meal anywhere in DC. They have some sandwiches already made if you're really in a rush, but why not spend an extra four minutes letting them custom-build your favorite to go? And don't those cookies right in front of the deli meat display counter always look fabulous? My only negative advice is not to get the chicken Parmesan, which they keep frozen and then microwave, without adding any toppings: still good, but not as fresh as their other staples.

• Visited May 2013
Bealeton, Virginia
“NEW TO THE AREA? YOU SIMPLY MUST TRY THE FOOD HERE”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Moved here more than a decade ago and whenever I have family / friends visiting from New England I make sure we stop in here a few times. Although many places may claim to have the best pizza & subs - the ITALIAN STORE does! Brought home a pizza and what I didn't know was my wife had already bought a dominos so when I arrived home they had just started eating it. When the smell from my pizza circulated around the room - they descended like vultures! It was gone that quickly - the next day when I went to work they came so we could have lunch together - at the Italian Store...grumbling about the line until they got their food. VERY satisfied after they finished eating, fresh ingredients and made quickly to order hoagies like we had at home. If you want mayo you have to ask because the norm is vinegar/oil/spice combo is great.
The only other place that had a sub even close was a really small sub shop in Ocean City but I can remember it's name but outside the Northeast this it the BEST pizza & subs. You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jay M
Alexandria, Virginia
“a neighborhood fixture”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have the best sandwiches and pizza and a lot of different kinds of delicacies. The pizza is a good price, the sandwich for the value is a good price, some of the deserts are expensive

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Great subs and Italian foods.... loooonnnnnggg lines at lunchtime”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband's favorite sub shop, I've learned the trick is to arrive before the meal time rush whenever he has a craving. He loves the deli sandwiches which are made to order.

I have food allergies so am unable to try their pizzas and subs but all of the ingredients we have purchased there to cook at home are fresh and very difficult to find at normal groceries. Their vinegars are marvelous and their cheeses outstanding. The kids enjoy their odd shaped pastas.

The lines to order food and check out are very long, so time your visit carefully and enjoy. The parking lot can be crowded so timing is important. The big crowds and the few tiny tables out on the sidewalk which are always packed with folks who pick up a meal to eat outside mean this is a pick-up place for us. I would not eat there, and the big crowds make it awkward to bring a stroller or small children into the store.

Many friends have told me that their pizza is great but our family only orders the deli sandwiches.

• Visited April 2013