“Love Italian Store subs!”
Review of Italian Store

Italian Store
Ranked #12 of 887 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Yes, the lines are often long and the service is often far from friendly - but the Italian Store has awesome subs! I usually get the veggie! Yum! Their pizza is also delicious! This is really a take-out place with a half-dozen sidewalk tables. Even so - it's legendary in Arlington! Good selection of wines and Italian specialties too.

There are newer reviews for Italian Store

Reviewed January 15, 2013

You can get a slice or a pie. I like a thinner crust/here, perfect for us, because, it pleases everyone in my family. Great tasting tomato sauce, perfect amount too! ...not acidic or sweet! They give you generous amounts of toppings and you can find great combinations available/menu or even better, make one up. Large pie, two toppings runs about $20. SO WORTH IT! Our favorite is pepperoni & cheese. Simply delicious. We ask them to cut the slices a little smaller, to do half pie toppings...stuff on the side. Each order has been graciously accepted and we have never had them get it wrong...more importantly, we have never had a bad pizza from them. Call ahead to place order, or you may up waiting up to an hour..for a fresh pie. Just walk in for a slice...go straight in, all the way to the last counter on the left. I enjoy taking home their fresh(and frozen available) pre-made single servings of pasta dishes...another favorite. Just make sure to take $$$/cash or credit. Not cheap, but you do get value for your $$$. The french baguettes, cheeses, pastries...all of it, delicous.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Love this place. Small but has a great variety of authentic Italian products. It has a nice wine selection, very good prepared foods. The subs/grinders/hoagies (depending on where you're from) are out of this world. It does get VERY crowded at lunch time so show up early. You can even call in your order. I have been there numerous times and have never been disappointed!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food at the Italian Store is ok. The lines are long most times you go, but I do not think the hype, which generates the lines is worth it. I got a meatball sub last time there and it was ok, but certainly not the best sub I ever ate. The same thing goes for the pizza, it is fine, but I can think of a few other places I would rather get pizza than stand and wait there.

Overall, I think it is average.

1  Thank GoodFood88
Reviewed December 27, 2012

To say the cannolis were fantastic is an understatement! The sandwiches are to die for - everything is fresh and perfect. When my sandwich was being made, they didn't like the look of the basil so they brought out a new bunch and threw the other away!

1  Thank debbieinsc2013