“underrated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #528 of 838 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Thai, Sushi
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Quincy Street
Transit: Tara Temple is located two blocks from the Orange Line Ballston Metrorail station.
dnpinva
“underrated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is excellent Thai food in a chic setting. I was at first hesitant to try Tara Temple after reading the reviews, but now, I can say that is one of my favorites in Ballston. I high recommend this restaurant. Miso soup, curries, and pad thai are all excellent. If you ask for spicy, you will get spicy!

• Visited January 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great SUSHI, Nice Environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place has amazing, LARGE, yummy sushi probably the best around. It’s very affordable and sexy environment. I’ve been a few times and it’s always so great…HOWEVER, this past time there was a mouse in the center of the dining area when the place was packed. I felt that there must be many more for there to be one out in the middle of everyone. Also, a very unpleasant waitress was waiting on us who I later saw in the bathroom and she left without washing her hands. YUCK!! Between the mice and the non-hand washer I said I’d never go back….HOWEVER, I can’t stop thinking about the sushi so I guess I’ll be going back. In the end most restaurants have that non-hand washer and sometimes mice but you just don’t see it, this place still has the best SUSHI!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kanta K, General Manager at Tara Temple, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Management's Response

It's good to know you enjoyed our sushi and that you will return. I regret the overall dining experience didn't exceed your expectation during your last visit. "If you see something, say something'.

Best regards,

Kanta K.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Great service and food at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Under new management explains the recent transformation. The vast Asian menu and attentive service made a late night with friends and evening to remember. Thank you new management.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Thai in the 'burbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Well prepared food, nice ambiance. Wonderful to be able avoid all the ordinary choices.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank raiatea5
Woodbridge, Virginia
“They Ran Out of Rice!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is more like a club than a restaurant so the seating isn't very comfortable and the sushi bar ran out of rice once when we went there for lunch! What sushi restaurant runs out of rice?!?! During another visit a cockroach was seen at the sushi bar by one of my coworkers.

The day they ran out of rice, the management handled it poorly. They didn't tell us until the food was ready to be served and then they offered us complimentary soup and salad - which was supposed to come with our meals anyway - to make up for the fact that not all of us were getting sushi. When we asked for a free appetizer instead we got a lot of push-back. I'll never go back.

Visited March 2012