“Always a good place to eat Thai!”

Thai In Shirlington
Ranked #86 of 878 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Alexandria, VA
“Always a good place to eat Thai!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Salads are fresh!
I have never had a bad meal here.
The dishes are nice, the drinks are probably the biggest weakness!

Visited April 2014

Pinecrest, Florida
“Very tasty and conveniently located”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had dinner with a friend recently (had a great time with my friend!) at this nice little Thai restaurant in Shirlington. I ordered some fried dumplings filled with sweet potato (delicious!) and another one filled with duck (also wonderful!). My friend had a dish with tempura shrimp with a pile of diced vegetables in a heavy sweet-sour sauce (the sauce was too sweet) which we couldn't eat too much of. Our drinks were good (a pina colada and a glass of pinot noir). The "Thai Ice Cream dessert" was not as expected, but good. I would go back to this restaurant again, but it would not be at the top of my list of recommended dining spots.

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I keep coming back for great food and service”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

For about the past five years I have been eating here at least once a week. The food is delicious and the service excellent. The prices are quite inexpensive if you come for lunch (served until about 3:45) and order one of their "big bowl" specials. Even at dinnertime when the prices are higher, it is still a very good value. As a vegetarian, I appreciate that there are about 10 choices on the menu for me. Everything is made fresh to order, quickly, and the staff and kitchen are very accommodating about varying the meal to suit individual tastes, such as level of spice, leaving out a certain ingredient, or substitute rice for noodles. The frozen blender drinks are good. Your water glass will never be empty, nor your soda or iced tea for which refills are free. If you sit outside on the patio, you can even bring your pooch who will have their own water bowl. The only downside is that the level of spiciness can vary with the chef. Although I like my food spicy and often order dishes meant to have a bite, one of the chefs cooks too spicy for me. That is easily fixed though by specifying the level of spice you prefer.

• Visited June 2014
Orlando, Florida
“good thai food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

i enjoyed the outside sitting the soup was good and the main dishes were also good the flavor is fresh and the sause is yummy..the salad was not that to my liking,but the main dish was good

Visited June 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food, good price, good service”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Thai in Shirlington has something for everyone who likes Thai food, and even for those faint-of-stomach like myself, who can't take spicy food, can find something to love. I am nuts about their spring rolls, and have enjoyed their salads with chicken and peanut satay.
The service is quick and efficient, the presentation is really pretty, and the price point is excellent. If you go for lunch, which I often do, it is a great place to meet friends (you can hear each other talk), and you don't have to spend a fortune.

Visited May 2014