“Tasty and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Thai In Shirlington
Ranked #57 of 834 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Alexandria, Virginia
“Tasty and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I enjoyed the food at this nice place in Shirlington. The crispy egg rools were wonderful and the entrees came out well prepared. I found the staff friendly and attentive (although right at the line of overbearing) and the service was quick. I would go back if I had a taste for Thai in Shirlington, though I don't think it is special enough to seek out on its own. Beofre a movie, this would be a good spot to find.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Johnson City, TN
“Very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ate here on New Year's Eve.
Located on a beautiful street with the trees all lit up.
I liked the Gyoza's for appetizer. They were great.
The 6 of use just ordered 6 dishes and 2 appetizers and shared. Excellent food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TNKirk
Arlington, Virginia
“Inconsistent Quality, Nice Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The location of this restaurant is great. Right in the heart of Shirlington near the theater and shops. However, the quality of the food is a little uneven. I had the chicken coconut soup. The soup was very tasty with several layers of flavor. However, the chicken in the soup was tasteless and seemed to have been boiled and then added to the soup. My wild chicken was lukewarm when it arrived at the table, although the sauce was quite spicy. Our son had the eye of the tiger - beef with a papaya salad and coconut rice. He said it was very good. Our daughter ordered crispy spring rolls which were so greasy she didn't finish them. Her main course, a curried tofu was good, however. My husband really enjoyed the lemongrass crusted salmon. He said it was very well done. The service was excellent even though the restaurant s very crowded when we were there. All in all I've had better Thai food at many other Arlington restaurants.

Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Local Favorite Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love the food, love the location and the staff is always friendly. One of the best things is the lunch time lunch specials. Also, our two favorites is the sticky rice papaya dessert and the Thai Iced Coffee.

Visited October 2012
Alexandria, VA
“GREAT LOCATION BUT NOT GREAT FOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We ate here before going to a the theater in Shirlington. The restaurant does attract a crowd and the noise level is commensurate with the number of patrons. In other words, not relaxing.
The food is okay at best. I have had much better Thai food at other restaurants in the DC area. If you are going to Shirlington, don't waste your time and money here. Go the Carlyle Grand a block away. Much superior food for about the same price.

• Visited November 2012