“Greek food!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A great "find" while walking around the neighborhood near our hotel (Residence Inn Pentagon City). The food was exceptional and well worth the "looks" we received from the regulars who clearly identified us as tourists!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Off 22nd at and looks tired from the outside. Surprise! Pleasant light spacious fresh dining room. Servers missed nothing. Excellent food with perfect seasoning. Enjoy !

Reviewed October 19, 2012

While visiting the DC area with friends we decided to have our last dinner at Athena Pallas. What a good decision that was! Great food, good service. Between us we had the lamb and mouossaka. Both were delicious. We will definitely return to this restaurant the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We saw a lot of cars outside this restaurant so decided it must be worth trying. It was a wise choice! Wide variety of Greek food. Prompt service & pleasant servers. Meals were quite generous in amount and very tasty. My meal of veal casarole did not scrimp on the veal; my wife's spinach in filo roll was so large she had to take some along for later. Very reasonable prices. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stumbled upon this little place, behind a newish "main street" in Shirlington last week. We love Greek so we thought we'd give it a try. Wow. Amazing. Taramousalata was astoundingly good. Possibly even better than our favorite at Symposium in Davis, CA. The Tsatziki was perfectly balanced, no one flavor outdoing the others, but fully flavored and delicious. (My mouth is watering just remembering it.) The pita was also perfectly made, and toasted to perfect warmth and crispness.

I had the gyro and my husband had the beef. Both were excellent.

It was so good, we went back the next night for dinner. The prices, which had been average for the DC area for a nice lunch, were a little higher although still reasonable for dinner, but the food remained excellent and the service was wonderful.

I never have fish, but I ordered the fish special and it was fantastic. I tried my husband's lamb and it was perfectly tender and delicious.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Just go.

2  Thank Robin C