“Favorite restaurant in this location.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 834 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original location, opened in 1979, is a cozy family style restaurant known throughout the area for its friendly atmosphere and delicious food. "Uncle Joe" is a fixture in the Westover neighborhood and can be counted on to make everyone feel comfortable and at home with his hospitality.
“Favorite restaurant in this location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Love their food! Service is great and food is always fresh and warm. Best garlic hummus ever! Great location in proximity to Pentagon for a nice meet your spouse for lunch date. Our favorite place!

• Visited March 2013

Peachland, North Carolina
“Good food - very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first trip to a Lebanese restaurant. The waiter was excellent - made suggestions, was attentive but allowed my friend and I plenty of privacy. Great atmosphere and did not feel rushed. I had the Taverna sampler with lamb and enjoyed it very much in terms of presentation and taste. Next time I'll be more adventurous with my selections but it was a great introduction to this cuisine.

• Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Food! Great Service Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were visiting from out of town and our family members recommended this restaurant. I have had a lot of Middle Eastern food but I don't think I had ever had Lebanese food specifically. I loved it.

First of all, it was half off bottles of wine night - woohoo!

We ordered the fatayer trio (sooo good), felafel, and hummus for appetizers. Then came the main attraction!

We decided to order several things to share. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough food but that was not a problem.

We had the Chef's Platter which had a little bit of everything. It was displayed beautifully!

I ordered the Ouzi with grape leaves. I was immediately wishing I hadn't agreed to share it with everyone as I was hovering over it like a wolf!

We also shared the Kafta platter.

Everything was so delicious and the service was excellent. I know now why it is one of my cousin's favorites in Arlington!

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The McDonalds of Lebanese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Years ago the Lebanese Taverna was the place to go. In those days Lebanese food was a real treat and you couldn't do better than the Taverna. These days the food has been Americanized, over spiced, and leaves me pretty unimpressed. These days you can find better Lebanese without too much trouble.

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went here for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. We sampled just about everything and most was wonderful. The only things I would recommend you skip are the Kabobs and the desserts. Both are undistinguished, but the rest was outstanding. We will be going back.

• Visited May 2013