“Good food - very good service”
Review of Lebanese Taverna

Lebanese Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 888 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original location, opened in 1979, is a cozy family style restaurant known throughout the area for its friendly atmosphere and delicious food. "Uncle Joe" is a fixture in the Westover neighborhood and can be counted on to make everyone feel comfortable and at home with his hospitality.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first trip to a Lebanese restaurant. The waiter was excellent - made suggestions, was attentive but allowed my friend and I plenty of privacy. Great atmosphere and did not feel rushed. I had the Taverna sampler with lamb and enjoyed it very much in terms of presentation and taste. Next time I'll be more adventurous with my selections but it was a great introduction to this cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Lebanese Taverna

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were visiting from out of town and our family members recommended this restaurant. I have had a lot of Middle Eastern food but I don't think I had ever had Lebanese food specifically. I loved it.

First of all, it was half off bottles of wine night - woohoo!

We ordered the fatayer trio (sooo good), felafel, and hummus for appetizers. Then came the main attraction!

We decided to order several things to share. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough food but that was not a problem.

We had the Chef's Platter which had a little bit of everything. It was displayed beautifully!

I ordered the Ouzi with grape leaves. I was immediately wishing I hadn't agreed to share it with everyone as I was hovering over it like a wolf!

We also shared the Kafta platter.

Everything was so delicious and the service was excellent. I know now why it is one of my cousin's favorites in Arlington!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Years ago the Lebanese Taverna was the place to go. In those days Lebanese food was a real treat and you couldn't do better than the Taverna. These days the food has been Americanized, over spiced, and leaves me pretty unimpressed. These days you can find better Lebanese without too much trouble.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went here for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. We sampled just about everything and most was wonderful. The only things I would recommend you skip are the Kabobs and the desserts. Both are undistinguished, but the rest was outstanding. We will be going back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ahd the hummos trio, spinach pies, falafel and grape leaves--all excellent, plus an excellent wine recommended by the staff. The real treat was that they brought us complimentary baklava and ice cream for dessert.