“They do 1 thing, and they do it well”
Review of El Pollo Rico

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #3 of 887 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The side are fine (fries or rice, cole slaw), the ambiance is cantina style, but boy do they make good chicken. This is our go to place for take out.

There are newer reviews for El Pollo Rico

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the best chicken that I have ever had. It was very moist, flavorful with a crispy skin that was absolutely delicious and the green sauce they provide on the side was excellent. The only reason that I didn't rate this as excellent was because I was disappointed by the side items. The side items consist of plain white rice that doesn't have any flavor, steak fries and/or coleslaw. I tried them all b/c my fiance got a different variety and I was not impressed by any. If they could do a rice and beans and better quality french fries then this place would be absolutely incredible. But I would definitely go back for the chicken anytime.

1  Thank DCtoTB
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The place isn't fancy, the food isn't fancy, but it was really good and was the perfect meal to finish off a full day of DC touring. We finished our day at Arlington National Cemetary, and I was looking for something close by because I figured we would be starving by that point. So glad I found this place. The menu choices are very limited, but all you need are the chicken and french fries. YUM! And so reasonable - our family of 6 ate dinner for less than $35 which is incredible for that area.

2  Thank LauraLbs
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is always busy, but has excellent food, I eat here at least once a week, always the best chicken you can eat in the DC metro area,I always bring guest from out of town here.

1  Thank Michael-USAA
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would not lie to you this chicken is the BOMB. Nothing like some good peruvian chicken in America. They have the spot in Clarendon and Woodbridge. The original is always the best (Clarendon) but hey they're both good spots.

1  Thank Des H