“Food was delicious”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food was great but it was very local and not in such a great neighborhood. Very inexpensive too.

There are newer reviews for El Pollo Rico

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I found out about this place while googling on best Peruvian restaurants in DC. We were in mood to carry something home and at the same time wanted something spicy. We went there purely based on user reviews even though it was slightly out of way from the highway. After having the food all I can say is that it was the best choice we made. It looks like a regular Peruvian place but the roasted chicken is the best I have ever had. The rice is awesome. Must try. The fries are ok. I was hoping for yucca but they don’t have it in their restaurant. The price is regular. There is ample parking space available. I would recommend this place more for carry out though. I can’t wait for my next pick up.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We heard about this low key Peruvian rotisserie chicken place on Anthony Bourdains tv show. Moist and flavorful chicken, sold in quarters, halves or whole, with two sides - get the rice. I don't know what they put in that rice but it is so so good. Who knew white rice could taste that good. and very inexpensive. A half chicken with 2 sides was about $8. Line moves fast, even faster if you pay cash. Parking is tight but be patient, a space will open up soon. Plenty of seating and people move through pretty quickly. Only disappointment, the Coca Cola. I'm not a soda drinker but I like Mexican Coca Cola because it's made with cane sugar, not HFCS. But alas, it was American Coke. There was another cola brand that I noticed people drinking. Don't remember the name but I'll try it next time. We stop here for lunch or dinner every time we travel to DC. It is worth the trip.

1  Thank CupcakeQueenie
Reviewed August 15, 2012

legendary for some time now, even though it changed location. Nothing really compares to the taste - hard to describe without going there. Very basic location across from GMU law schoolbut its just cooked just right with just enough charcol taste ...

1  Thank StationSquared
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had heard about this place for years and was in the area so tried it. It is very popular and has a large parking lot to accomodate all the cars. They keep it simple--choices of different size platters of very good, juicy, tasty chicken--1/4 chicken with 2 sides was $5.10. The sides are very limited, boring and fair--only cole slaw, french fries and white rice. The chicken was good, but I would not drive out of my way to go to this place.

1  Thank Pnemiller