“Nice place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Kite Runner Cafe
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nice little place. Visited on suggestion by friends and was not dissapointed. The lamb chops were slightly charred but juicy and succulent. Prawn karahi which was the special for the day was nicely cooked as well. Portions are really good. Overall good value for money.

1  Thank subch

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Opened for only nine months, the Kite Runner Café in the village of Cherrydale, Arlington, VA is a restaurant to return to many times. Even though the café is small, the food is of the best quality. They make their own yogurt and is used for flavoring some dishes. The combination of Afghanistan, India and Lebanon cuisines are the best blend of the foods that your taste buds will pop with flavors.

Five of us met one afternoon in this totally relaxing atmosphere. The comfortable setting adds to the charm. Our friends frequently come here and now they have us hooked.
Since the food is fresh, the cooking time may take a little longer. Check out their location, phone number, entrees/menu directions and times. www.kiterunnercafe.com
The foods are seasoned to perfection. My side dishes included the butternut squash, spinach and the chickpeas. One of the reason we traveled here was to try the Aush soup but they discontinued the soup because no one wants soup in the hotter weather.
Parking in the rear may be difficult because of the residents using the retail spaces. There is street parking a couple of blocks away and parking spaces in the front soon will be available. The café is definitely worth your trip.
Note: The Kite Runner was named after a book.

2  Thank Judy S
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We tried Kite Runner Cafe and were very disappointed in the food. Most Afghan food is well-spiced and flavorful. That was not the case here. Everything we tried was bland, as if nothing had been marinated and no spices had been used. We eat Afghan food all the time and this is not representative at all. The service was friendly and the restaurant was clean but the food is not worth the visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Well, I got lucky because my kids were hungry but when the food came, they couldn't finish everything so I got to try some of their food.
Good food takes time...be patient! And we were patient.
I ordered the squash dish with hummus and chick peas. The squash tasted very buttery and the chick peas and hummus was so fresh. My daughter couldn't finish her falafel sandwich and I tasted one of the pieces and it was very nice and moist! My son couldn't finish his spinach and I really liked the spicy flavor in it, and it was very good. His chicken kabob was tender and moist, and the Qabuli rice was also great.
After we left, the kids even said they wanted to come back, and I have to say this is truly one of the best meals I've ever had!
They also serve beer and wine!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a nice neighborhood restaurant that just opened on Lee Highway. You can eat in or take out. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy, but the food is very good. It has just the right amount of spicing and heat. The flavors are very subtle, and the heat sort of sneaks up on you. You get a TON of food for the price. I usually get two meals out of one. I had the chicken kabobs which came with a really nice brown rice pilaf, cooked pumpkin with yoghurt, very good chickpeas and bread. Everything was very tasty. My husband had the lamb which he said was very well marinated and cooked just as he likes it. If you're looking for a very informal meal with good food, this is the place.

1  Thank Pat D