Residence Inn Arlington Ballston
The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$111
$89
Westin.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$93
ComfortInn
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$159
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 58% below average rates

The price you found is 58% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$83
$73
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$68
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
EconoLodge
$84
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

All reviewsfire pitsuper pollofull kitchenone bedroom suitefree breakfastharris teeter grocery storelong staysmall kitchenballston areaoatmealminute walksocial hourmon wedballston metro stationfew blocksnice propertywe've stayed
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many residence inn's and this one is my favorite! I love the style of all of the furnishing and fixtures. From the chairs in the lobby to the duvet ad pillows in the rooms ... Whoever styled this place has a real knack for eclectic class. Amazingly, it is close to everything one could need... Mere blocks from the metro and then mere blocks from the heart of "the District". Great staff very helpful and eager to greet and assist. Lasagna night was yummy and the crew are the friendliest I have experienced of all my R.I. recollections.

• Stayed: July 2013
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

What a great review! Thank you for the kind words and we are happy to know that you enjoyed everything about the hotel and team. We are also ecstatic that we are your hotel of choice now. Thank you!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. First off the staff was very proactive in changing our room when my husband and I realized that it was not getting cooler after 30 minutes. The rooms were so large and decorated beautifully. The breakfast was good, but the Saturday we were there, I could not find anyone to clean off the table. I loved the outside patio with the fire pit and outdoor grill.
In all, it's a great place to stay for the money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamran

Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I also offer my apologies as the first room did not cool sufficiently, but it is great to know that the team took care of the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Arlington.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall, one of the best residence Inns I've stayed at. I traveled out to the area for work and brought the family out too. We stayed here for 5 nights and overall, we had an excellent experience. The room was very clean and the newness of the property was apparent throughout. This hotel has a courtyard next to the dining area which was unique. The pool was actually staffed by a lifeguard at night.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was typical Residence Inn. The workers around the food and dining area were very helpful and attentive. As far as location is concerned, this hotel is actually located almost in the middle between the Ballston and Virginia Square Metro Stops (both Orange Line). These were each about a 10 minute walk (if that) each way. My wife did not have a problem doing this each day with my children. Yes, this is not as close of a location as being in the District but the parking is much cheaper (even at $15 per night) and there are lots of restaurant choices withing walking distance. We were able to find parking easily. This is a good choice if drive out to the DC area.

I would say the only couple of small negatives were the room air conditioning seemed a little loud and somewhat overwhelmed by the heat. It worked but the room did not get as cool as some other residence Inn Rooms I have stayed at. However, these were minor and I would definitely consider staying here the next time I bring the family out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cwag1
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

It is wonderful hearing of your pleasurable experience and that the accommodations, service and location all met your needs. I apologize that your room did not cool to the temperature you desired and we have already serviced the unit from your suite to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to let us and everyone know of you happiness with the Residence Inn Arlington Ballston and we will be sure to make your next stay with us even better!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent nearly two weeks at this new Marriott Residence Inn and enjoyed our stay. As others have noted, this is a new property, and as such it is a step up from some of the older properties in this chain in the area - the rooms are better laid out and feel larger. As far as our one-bedroom suite went, the king bed was great and the living room furniture very comfortable (a large sectional sofa in place of the odd and uncomfortable sort of chaise I've seen in other Residence Inns, along with an armchair and ottoman). The windows don't open, which is too bad, but at the height of summer the A/C worked perfectly and the sealed windows do mean great soundproofing. We faced the building currently under construction and didn't find it unpleasantly noisy.

What sets this Residence Inn apart is the staff - from the front desk to the housekeepers, everyone seems happy to be working there and eager to make their guests' stay pleasant. I was really impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of all concerned.

The hotel has the usual Residence Inn amenities - enough washers and dryers in the laundry room, a useful business center off the lobby, well-equipped gym, plus a small but welcome indoor pool. Breakfasts and the three-days-a-week light dinners were standard but well done, and again the staff were first-rate.

Finally, we traveled with our two small dogs, and the hotel made them feel at home, too. We enjoyed breakfasts out on the back patio with them, and there are plenty of nice walks nearby including a park right across the street. The housekeeping staff was extremely flexible about being available either when we could supervise the dogs or take them out, as well as just providing towels, etc., when we didn't have time for a full cleaning.

Room Tip: 01 rooms (401, 501, etc) are great for dogs, as they are corner suites with no direct neighbors (separated by a staircase).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to know that you and your two dogs enjoyed your stay with us as we always welcome our four legged friends to relax with us! I appreciate your comments describing many of the features that we offer and of the level of service we provide. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Ballston exceeded by expectations. I cancelled another reservation so that I could return to the hotel. I stayed for a total of 4 nights. Each day was equally amazing. The hotel has been open for only 2 months. The hotel and rooms are very clean. The staff is exceptional; very helpful and pleasant. Housekeeping provides great daily service and the front desk is great at anticipating your needs and trying to assist you. The hotel is located within walking distance of a mall and metro stop. I also walked to the Clarendon area (>1 mile) which offered a great deal of options for guests. Breakfast can get busy on the weekends and they should consider a second waffle maker but over the stay was great! I definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers and families.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

We are thrilled that you switched reservations to stay with us and we are equally happy that you continue to be impressed. Thank you for expressing such kind thoughts and we are excited to see you back soon!