“Something’ Different ”

Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Went here with a friend and enjoyed the atmosphere. Service was great and the food was good. I never had Russian food before, very excited to try it again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 3, 2019

We were disappointed in this restaurant, having booked it as a result of TripAdvisor reviews.

First, the cuisine is decidedly less Russian than Uzbekistan, which is more Middle-Eastern.

We both had the Beef Stroganoff, which was made with a very tough cut of beef, and not cooked properly. It was as tough as shoe leather! The server never returned to our table to see how the meal was, so we had no opportunity to comment.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

I've been here a few times, and I feel like I've been treated fabulously every time. I've had both the Russian and Uzbek food here, and they both hit the spot. For those who want a real taste of Russia, I recommend the "fish in a coat" (normally known as "herring in a fur coat.") It's a layered salad involving fish, eggs, potatoes, beets, etc. On the Uzbek side, the lagman (fried noodles) are amazing.

One of the real stand outs, though, is their selection of infused vodkas. Made at the restaurant, with many choices available, shots are reasonably priced. (Which is really good when eating with Russians!) For those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks, they have delightful teas.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2019

This was my first time at Rus Uz, but not my first foray into the cuisine. The Borsch was some of the best I have ever had, with large chunks of meat and potatoes mixed in. The Samsa were also very good - the lamb, tender and perfectly seasoned. For dessert, coffee and the honey cake...the cake was just sweet enough. The wait staff were attentive and the ambience was wonderful, with several beautiful pieces of art to draw the eye. The only changes I would have made, would be to not have been seated at a high top table kind of stuck in a corner, although I understand why those tables were there. The bathroom facilities could also use a bit of work, but overall I loved this experience. I will be back!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed February 1, 2019

New restaurant with Russia and Uzbek cuisine. Great food as well - I had the Caviar Tart, Borsch, and the Plov. My wife had the Chicken Kiev. Atmosphere and service was great. Very bright inside. Plus there was many, many, many types of Vodka. Cheers

Date of visit: January 2019