“Save room for dessert”
Review of Epic Smokehouse

Epic Smokehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Epic Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Save room for dessert”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The desserts (bread pudding and funnel cake) were huge and very good. The 4 of us dented them but couldn't finished them.

The fried oyster app is a relatively small portion quite tasty though.

Everyone seemed happy with their main courses as the food disappeared.

The service was good.

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Good to very good, not great”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We tried Epic Smokehouse with some friends for restaurant week. We started with the pork belly and the kahlua pig roll appetizers. The pork belly with fig sauce was a winner, nice combination of flavors. The pig rolls were ok, but nothing to write home about.
For the main course, we tried the brisket and the ribeye. The brisket was good, but again, nothing special. It came with a side of pancetta mac and cheese, which I thought was made a little too salty from the pancetta. I preferred the ribeye, which was well cooked and seasoned.
We finished it off with the chocolate cake with candied bacon, because, well, candied bacon. The bacon actually provided a nice touch to the cake.
Speaking of bacon, I also had the bacon bourbon old fashion. Unfortunately, I didn't taste the infused bacon at all, which was really the only reason I ordered it. Perhaps it just wasn't mixed well.
I should also mention that our server was excellent.

All in all, I think it's definitely worth a visit, but keep expectations in check.

• Visited August 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Above Average”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'd give Epic Smokehouse about a 3.5 rating - better than average, not quite very good. Our group of five hit quite a few menu items - most were good enough, but no one indicated that they would rush right back. We started with the Bacon App - applewood smoked pork belly with mustard and fig sauce. It was a good start. My entree was the pulled pork - a reasonable way to gauge a smokehouse. It was fine, but on the pedestrian side. The others in my group seemed reasonably pleased with their choices, but no one raved. Service was good and parking was a breeze. The atmosphere was very nice. Epic Smokehouse is a great idea and you might make out better than I did. The ribs looked real tempting, but saw them on the way out.

• Visited July 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent food in the Arlington area”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Service was great, food was exquisite. The french onion soup is a must as well as the rice pudding dessert, too big but yummy!

Visited July 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Works for Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I finally made it to this restaurant after months of putting off a visit. The restaurant has a very modern and contemporary decor. I like it. I sat at a quite bar on a Saturday evening but had to wait a bit for service. The bartender was friendly and tries to remember patron's name. Service overall wasn't the best. The bartender rarely checked on me to see if I needed anything else, as I did. My dirty plates remained while someone was in front me washing glasses. Duh, can you please take these plates. Anyway, I had a few appetizers, the fried oysters and macaroni. Both dishes were very good and feeling. The bartender suggested one of his newly created alcoholic concoctions. It was good as well. I would come back here if I don't want to stray far from home.

• Visited April 2013