“Service great - food just above average”
Review of Hearthstone Pizza Bistro - CLOSED

Hearthstone Pizza Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Texas
“Service great - food just above average”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had a small Caesar salad and a "Meatatarian" pizza. Let me start by saying the staff is very friendly and the service was as much as could be expected. Anywhere.

The salad was fresh, had plenty of sliced cheese and the dressing was tasty, overall very good. The pizza was good too - but not exceptional. Nothing was wrong with it, but it just didn't stand out.

I would certainly come back, but with four other Italian restaurants in the same block, I might try a different one first.

The price was very fair, and once again the service was very good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank IIP2

North Carolina
“Good little Italian place”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The building is a little worn but the food was awesome. I shouldn't admit this but the garlic bread we got as an appetizer was my favorite. Some of the best I have ever had! The kids liked the pizza. My hubby had a sausage roll that was good. I had penne with vodka sauce. It was delicious. I was surprised how few people were there since it is so good. If I come back to DC I will return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AdrianneO
San Francisco, California
“Subpar Italian Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Based on some of the reviews and the high rating on TripAdvisor, we tried Hearthstone. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and it was disappointing. The pasta was overcooked, the meatballs had way too much breadcrumbs and had barely any meat flavor. If you're looking for decent pasta, I would go to Noodles & Company on Crystal Drive before coming here. With that said, I might be back to try their pizza but will be weary. Also, there's no beer or wine...more incentive to eat somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
Hudson, Florida
“Delicious pizza”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a whim, went looking for pizza. Were staying at Crystal City Hilton. Walked across Jefferson Davis & went to first place we found. This was it. Were not disappointed. Got it to go, but ended up eating half of it before we left the place.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Carol I
Des Moines, Washington
“Good food, wonderful staff”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Had a really good meal stating with a tasty garden salad made with spring greens, tomato, olives, and marinated artichoke. Followed with their penne- sweet red sauce zucchini, sausage, and mushrooms.

The waitress was warm, friendly, and attentive. This is an informal and easy going place for casual dining. It could easily become a favorite family spot!