“Great cafe experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 834 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great cafe experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Cheesetique is in Shirlington Village - it features a wine and cheese shop in the front of the store and a small cafe in the back. There is also outdoor seating. I met a friend there for lunch and it did not disappoint. Being a wine shop, the selection of good wines by the glass was very impressive. I enjoyed a nice Willamette Pinot Noir but they featured reds, whites, and sparklings from most of the major wine regions. My friend and I split a cheese plate, which was a perfect light lunch. It came with a bread basket (including flat bread) and small accompaniments. There was also the option to add on olives, bruschetta, etc., for a small fee.

The cafe's speciality is the "adult" grilled cheese but the kids' grilled cheese was fantastic. My son enjoyed it. It came on a wonderful sourdough with sharp white cheddar accompanied by grapes, just a great lunch. The kids also shared a chocolate mousse dessert, which they devoured.

The atmosphere was very casual. My only complaint was due to limited seating, we sat by a huge wine display, which was scary with youngish kids.

On the way out, they shop portion had set up a free wine tasting, which was a fun ending to the lunch.

Next time I visit Arlington, I will definitely return to this place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Taraehd
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi there! Thank you so much for your awesome review! You're totally right about the Junior Grilled Cheese - we try to make it something that even adults would love. Again, thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place!! Must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have eaten there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Excellent both times! There is something on the menu for everyone and the cheese is fabulous. Tried the white wine flight and was very happy with the wines and the quantity and how well it paired with the food. Service was excellent. Definitely a must restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I so appreciate you taking the time to review us. And the 5 stars are so great! Come back often because the flights change frequently and it's a great opportunity to try something new.

Again, thank you!
-Jill (owner, Cheesetique)
“One of my favorite places to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This little restaurant has it all - great food, great wine, great creative specials, great staff, and great prices. It is one of the few places I dine where I would literally want to eat almost every single item on the menu. It's my perfect place to meet a girl friend(s) and catch up.

Visited February 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am just getting a chance to revisit all of our wonderful TripAdvisor reviews and I wanted to thank you so much for your kind comments about Cheesetique! Make sure to come back soon (if you haven't already) because we just released our new menu in April and there are some yummy additions.

Thank you!
Alexandria, Virginia
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is one of my local favorite places. I've dined at both the Shirlington and Del Ray locations. The food has been consistently good - love the options for grilled cheese. I could eat here every week but my waistline wouldn't like it. Friendly atmosphere. This place is a winner!!

Visited February 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi there! This is a belated thank-you for the kind review you posted about Cheesetique. I'm so glad you love both of our locations - we try to make them both great and it's nice to know people notice. Hope to see you soon!

Best,
Jill (owner, Cheesetique)
Arlington, VA
“Love, love, love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is one of my son's favorite restaurants. He loves to come in and sit at the Cheese Bar. Menu consists of many cheesy favorites (e.g., Mac and Cheese) all homemade and wonderful. Service is great and everyone is very friendly. We are regulars and they are extremely nice to my son -- he frequently goes into the store and purchases his favorite cheeses. This is a great little store for bread, cheese, meats and other treats.

• Visited December 2012