“Curious Grape - making great strides in service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Curious Grape - CLOSED

The Curious Grape
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The Curious Grape is located directly opposite the Shirlington bus terminal on South Quincy Street in Arlington, Virginia.
Description: The destination spot in Shirlington for those with a passion for food and wine, the Curious Grape offers a contemporary seasonal menu of American fare with locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy either full or half portions of selected menu items as well as over 400 wines and 100 craft beers from our store.
Arlington, Virginia
“Curious Grape - making great strides in service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We last visited the Curious Grape in March of this year, and were completely underwhelmed with the service. Thanks to a Groupon we decided to take another chance last night. What a difference! The waiter was friendly, efficient, and competent, our food (a pre-fixe pre-theater dinner because we were on a deadline to see a show) came quickly, and the water glasses and drinks were refilled regularly. The food was outstanding, which is actually no change from the past and is what kept us returning in the face of substandard service. Happily, it seems that the management has taken a real interest in getting service up to par. In fact I mentioned our experience to the owner and he confirmed that they are trying hard to improve things. Well done -- we'll be back soon.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank fabulousdave

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Knowledge staff without the typical pretentious aura that typically surrounds wine-themed restaurants. The selection was fantastic. My wife found several wines that we have since purchased for home consumption. Food was also very delicious (prepare for small portion sizes which is probably the only menu shortcoming for me). Fun fact ... Wine in the store is 20% off on Fridays!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank nova663
Arlington, Virginia
“Fun Restaurant for a Date”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great restaurant with an interesting menu, pairing lovely dishes with wonderful wines. Perfect for a weekend date or a night out with girlfriends.

• Visited September 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great food with bad service and expensive wine”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our food uniformly ranked with the best and the priciest we have eaten in the DC metro area. Wine was very expensive. Our Syrah that sells at the winery for $17 was $54. All the wines offered were expensive, which seems strange policy for a restaurant championing wines. Finally, service was slow and inept. Ten minutes after we ordered our wine, the sommelier appeared to tell us our choice was unavailable and helpfully described alternatives. We chose; ten minutes later our wine appeared. Twenty minutes between ordering and imbibing is ridiculous. Our food also meandered to our table,so slowly that numerous waiters kept asking us why we were lingering. When the food came, it was delicious. My 3 star rating is an average of 2 stars for service, 3 stars for expense, and 5 stars for food quality.

• Visited August 2013
New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing way to end my trip to D.C.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have to say from beginning to end this experience was visually extraordinary and tasted even better! I felt like i was in a vineyard somewhere enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon. We had a train to catch and were on a schedule. The manager, Katie and our server, Katherin, made sure we had plenty of time to eat before ordering our taxi. I never felt rushed, but i really felt taken care of, this is not something I felt in other restaurants that I ate in while in D.C. Everyone would order us a taxi and it would be a 50/50 chance that we would ever actually see the cab.
I have to say... Try the trio of Bloody Marys that they offer at Sunday Brunch, the Asian Mary was my favorite! Even though they don't offer full size bloodies, they made an exception and made me one. Loved the smoked salmon benedict and the greek salad with heirloom tomatoes was true food art! I highly recommend making a stop at the Curious Grape on your next journey to the D.C area.

• Visited August 2013