“Oh SeaFood”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington/Lee Highway (US-29) and N. Westmoreland St
Transit: East Falls Church Metro
Description: It's a new place that has just opened. I just got back from dinner and wanted to rave about what a great addition it is to our county.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I personally still like its rival in California - Boiling Crab -their spices are tastier. This is a good alternative though. The staff is great, food is great, and I still think its worth the wait.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

First time there and I went with my gf. We had the Gator Bites and sweet potato fries for starters. The bites were good but the fries were dry. Then we got the crawfish and mac n cheese. The mac n cheese had flavor but was not cheesy the way you would love mac n cheese to be. The crawfish pieces inside the mac n cheese were soft and tasty. I then ordered 1lb of king crab in medium, whole shebang sauce. That was pretty awesome. The crab was soft and full of flavor. My gf got 1lb of the snow crab in medium, original sauce. Her crab was also soft and tasty. So the food there is pretty good, the dining experience is casual and the service was good. For those who live on the West Coast, it's the closest thing to The Boiling Crab in the DC metropolitan area. CAUTION - When you leave Chasin' Tails, your clothes will smell like cajun seafood.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We came here for New Years Eve, thinking this would be a fun and out-of-the-norm dining experience, and it was. The menu has an excellent variety of dishes, and you can order them to the level of flavor/heat of your choice. Our group ate family style and here are my favorites: Catfish, steamed shrimp, crawfish etouffe. The waitstaff was very knowledgable. Everyone in our group commented that they had a fun night.

1  Thank kelly b
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Tried this for the first time...it was fantastic! Price and quality is superb. Only draw back after eating here is that I now reak of garlic, but it was so worth it. I'll be back and will bring the group so everyone can enjoy.

2  Thank mh6310vasc
Reviewed December 8, 2013

After hearing good things about Chasin' Tails, my wife and I decided to head there for dinner on a Friday night. First of all, it took us around 45 minutes to find a place to park! There is not much street parking, and about 4 spots in a garage around the corner. After circling the block about 8 times, we finally found a spot and ventured inside. Being a Friday night, the place was packed! Full of a mix of families and the younger crowd enjoying drinks at the bar, we were promptly seated. Our server (Byrant I believe was his name), was very friendly and answered all our questions about the menu. While we did not order their signature items (Bayou n' a Bag - seafood and other mixings all in a bag), our food was pretty tasty. We ordered the Crawfish Mac n' Cheese, the Whole Dang Thing (mix of fried shrimp, calamari, fish and fries), and split the Fried Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake for dessert (OMG, this was delicious!). The Mac n' Cheese was pretty good, but took awhile for it to cool down from the oven. The seasonings on the fried basket was great, the fries were delicious. We would brave the headache of finding parking again just to taste the amazing Fried Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake again.

1  Thank fotoflow