“Fresh Italian food, warm wine”
Review of Vapiano - CLOSED

Vapiano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Cozy, casual, stylish family atmosphere with fresh and tasty pastas and pizzas. My only complaint would be the warm wine, which is stored near the kitchen. Any decent restaurant should store wine at cellar temperatures, far from any heat sources.

1  Thank clifster

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Vapiano does a lot of things well. The ordering process is similar to counter service, except you order directly from the cook who prepares your pasta dish in front of you. Some of the dishes, especially the specials, include unusual ingredients that work together surprisingly well in a pasta dish. The food is a little pricy for pasta, but the total experience makes up for the cost. The long tables, lounge, and hip decor create a pleasant atmosphere. Even my girlfriend likes this place for eat out pasta! I also find it slightly baffling that a lot of families with small children can be found here for dinner, but I suppose everyone likes pasta. In addition to pasta, which they seem to make in-house, the restaurant also offers pizza, salad, and dessert. As someone who drops by once every one or two months, I usually opt for one of their pasta specials.

1  Thank Markus1995
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visit a Vapiano restaurant anytime I'm in a major city that has one, either in the US or abroad, and I love their food. The concept is great, the ambiance is awesome and this is a good value. Be aware that most restaurants may be a franchise and not corporate owned, meaning they all look the same and the food tastes the same, but the ambiance is governed by the owner's wishes and not always relaxing or quiet. The Arlington Vapiano met all of my expectations.

1  Thank KarenFromTexas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great concept restaurant, food was good and atmosphere fun. Nice for kids and parents. Able to get food prepared just as we wanted. Will go again.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This weekend, my husband and I went to Vapiano's to celebrate a friend's birthday. This restaurant is one of her favorites. As a first timer, it was easy to see why.

Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by the host who handed us our smart cards and directed us to the pasta, antipasta and salad, and panini lines. We stood over to the side and mulled over the menu.

I ordered the Raviolo Ricotta E Spinachi (spinach and ricotta filled raviol)i. It was really good. You can tell the pasta is freshly prepared and the ingredients aren't held in some tube packaging somewhere. This is authentic. You are allowed to ask for more or less in the way of spices and ingredients to make it your own. I'm a fan of garlic and asked for a bit more. LOVED the result.

My husband ordered the Scampi E Spinachi. The chef suggested he add a bit of chili pepper and my husband agreed. The plate was cleared within minutes (less than 7) on the table. He said it was "Really, really good" and for my husband that is an impressive compliment as things are typically "just alright" for his tastes.

The portion sizes were adequate for our appetites though I wouldn't be disappointed if we had more. As it stands, we were quite full when we got up from the tables.

I was a bit nervous about the check-out process never having used the smart card before, but it was simple. The bill was accurate. Check-out was very quick. Plus, instead of after-dinner mints, you receive gummy bears! (small smiles :)

I definitely recommend!