“Delicious Meal with Mimosas”
Review of Cafe Caturra - CLOSED

Cafe Caturra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Savory crab cake with eggs. Beans and salsa on eggs and toast were delicious and filling. Good mimosas heavy on the champagne. The short waitress needs training in customer service. Decent price for a nice place, and good California-style music. Automated wine dispenser like I've seen in Santa Barbara, CA. Lots of seating available at noon on Saturday, 28-Dec.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went for lunch and I had the tuna sandwich which was average. My wife liked the tacos. Try the trio dessert sampler with creme brulee, lemon meringue pie, and a gooey chocolate dessert. It was awesome. Lawrence provided great service. While it has an upscale atmosphere the paint is starting to chip and the floor is gouged and worn. It has a busy happy hour business.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had avoided this place for a while because I remember when the (now gone) bowling alley had caged cashiers and the whole area was a bit unsavory. But my daughter had eaten here with friends, and she recommended it before we went to a show at American Century Theater (another great place if you aren't familiar with it!).

So, the parking lot is roomy but still seems an odd location for this place. Ignore that and just enjoy.

I liked the ambiance, and we were able to relax and enjoy our meal -- we just ordered a bunch of appetizers, and I thought they were all tasty. I especially liked the 3 types of hummus. And I always like good bread!

I thought the service was good if a tad slow as we wanted to be sure to get to the theater on time. Our bread was delivered to the table next to us by the food runner but the folks gave it to us as they had already finished their meal and figured out it was probably for us. We did have to look for our server a couple of times, rather than her being attentive. I think she was very nice but just because of our time crunch I wanted her to be more visible.

I definitely will go back to give some of the other offerings a try.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recommended by friends..did not disappoint. Everything on the menu looked great. tried the tacos..excellent. Extensive wine list..maybe next time. Will go back - outdoor seating looks enticing. Prices great.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been seeing this restaurant and decided to try it out yesterday. It's a warm, friendly restaurant with a nice menu. The prices are very reasonable. The pizza was recommended and it didn't disappoint. I think I found a new spot. Plus, I can see in the summer it will have a great amount of outdoor seating!