“Can't believe it was a Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past, and cannot believe how badly it has degenerated since I was there last. When I checked in and went to my room, housekeeping had just started cleaning it (it was after 5pm).

Once I was finally able to get into my room, a poor job had been done cleaning it, and towels/wash cloths had not been replaced. When some were delivered, there was some sort of "crud" on some of them.

The television, while apparently fairly new would randomly turn itself off every 30-40 minutes.

The front desk staff was largely unhelpful due to their poor grasp of the English language. Fortunately I was able to contact my company's travel booking agency and move to another hotel the next day - another Hilton property nearby, where they had been unable to secure accommodations for me (a Hilton Diamond-VIP member).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
HGIAAR01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay and second for being a loyal Hilton member.
Our team here has the guest's comfort and satisfaction at the top of their priorities. We are always thriving to make sure all goes well and without a glitch for our guests.
I understand that the front office team offered to move you as soon as you checked in as housekeeping were finishing up cleaning and inspecting your room just before you arrived. Eleeka Saghri, our manager on duty went up to the room assigned to you and made sure all was in order. Ermeyas Tulu, the Assistant GM attempted contacting you during the afternoon as well in order to address the issues and again the next day.
I was made aware of the situation and instructed the front office as well as managers to do all that it takes to address any concerns that you have.
It was unfortunate that you checked out without us being able to connect with you.
Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and I invite you to call me directly at 703-807-4850 to discuss how we can win your confidence again or via email at jeff.makhlouf@hilton.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed here for business whilst attending a convention in DC.

It was nice to stay away from downtown DC and the hotel was great value. The metro station was only a couple of blocks away and the area seemed safe and clean. The local bars were lively. The hotel's location so close to reagan airport was great.

Greg the "WooHoo" guy was in actual fact very helpful and guests seemed to like his unique mannerisms. Personally, I thought he was a bit weird and the woohoo stuff was all a show, but he genuinely was extremely helpful and seemed to go out of his way to help guests and is an asset to your hotel.

The breakfast buffet was adequate, if a little boring and the breakfast staff seemed a bit uninterested in their jobs. There was a great young bartender in the bar, who talked to everyone and really made guests feel welcome, which is a plus when you are staying by yourself.

My room was spacious and clean and the free internet is definately a bonus.

Would certainly stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
HGIAAR01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. Greg " the yoohoo guy" is actually one of our Front desk superstars, I will make sure he knows of your compliments. I will also make sure Cindy our bartender knows of your compliments as well. We welcome you back at our hotel and in Arlington whenever your plans bring you back to this area.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I was staying at the hotel for a work trip. At first it did not seem like it was going to be a good stay. I arrived at the hotel after about four hours of driving only to be told that the hotel was over booked and they did not have a room for me but made a reservation for me at the Sheraton. They did offer to drive me over and bring me back in the morning for my breakfast meeting. I called my colleague and she offered to let me stay in her room rather than staying at the Sheraton. They provided us with tickets for free breakfast for the next few days. We left for our meetings the next day and returned to our room to find two little gift bags on the desk with a note from Rachel, the manager. She thanked us for sharing a room and apologized for the inconvenience. She gave each of us a $50 Visa gift card! We were so impressed! That is amazing customer service and you just don't see that anymore. Everyone who worked in the hotel was so friendly! They all said hello and went our of their way to help! When I first checked in, I thought I would never stay there again but after the fabulous customer service I experienced, I can say I would love to stay there again! The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I were driving north from Florida to NYC and decided to spend a few days in Washington. After reading through various reviews we decided to stay at this wonderful hotel because it was not located in the city of Washington which is very conjested and expensive. We wanted to take a tour of Washington as we had not been here in years and initially were going to take the subway into the city. After looking at several brochures provided by the hotel we asked a gentleman at the front desk about the Royal Trolley tour. He called them for us and was advised that they would provide transportation for us to the city at no charge. What a deal!! They picked us up at our hotel at 9 a.m. the following morning and returned us to our hotel that evening. We saw everything that we wanted to see and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is lovely and extremely clean. There is free Starbucks coffee in the lobby at all times. The restaurant is a little pricey, but then so is everything in this area. There are several restaurants a couple of blocks away and our favority was a sports bar (cannot remember the name) on the corner where the food is very good. They even turned on the Tampa Bay Rays game for us. We really liked Arlington a lot and will return to this hotel and this area on our next trip north.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This property is just about everything you could ask for in a DC area hotel. Check-in was lightspeed quick and the desk manager (can't remember his name) was really friendly and helpful.
The room was excellent, as I received an upgrade to a suite for being an Hhonors diamond member. The room was huge, and even had a mini-bar and ice maker! Wi-fi was easy and fast. The room was quet and the beds as comfy as they make. The friendliness of the staff, fast check-in and complimentary bottled water are some of the nice touches that made my stay enjoyable. I commend this hotel's management for operating a very well run hotel that makes guest satisfaction a priority. Thank you!
My stay here was the 2nd time at this location and I hope to return here for all future stays in the DC area.
My one (and only) disappointment is the parking rate. I ended up parking at another hotel nearby that offered me free parking despite that I was not staying there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SiamJam
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed here during or school Spring Break. Great location 2 blocks from Metro, Great breakfast (included with our package). Our car battery died in the parking garage and an employee was able to jump start it ,that was greatly appreciated! Greg the "Whoo Hoo" guy was there in the evenings, the kids loved him and everyone should be as positive and enthusiastic about their jobs as he is!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
FOMHGI, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Hi AKL_10,

Thanks for posting, and pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your '10 Spring Break. Where has the year gone, already?! I will be sure to share your positive comments with the staff who made your stay so memorable.

Hope to welcome you back next time you are around the area.

Rachel Bridger
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2010

Selecting a hotel in the DC area for a family vacation was a bit of a chore. After looking at prices, we decided to stay outside of the city, but worried about feeling too removed. I am thrilled to say that the courthouse arlington turned out to be an excellent choice. The hotel itself is in very good shape. Clean rooms, nice staff, complete workout area, and, best of all, complimentary Starbucks coffee all day long. The building is less than two blocks from a metro stop and the ride into DC takes less than 10 minutes. The real bonus turned out to be how fun Arlington itself is. There are lots of cool, delicious eating options nearby. We feasted on vietnamese, indian, and mexican dinners on the nights we didn't head back into DC. And parking seemed pretyy reasonable (at least by DC standards) at 12 bucks a day. Oh and if you are a runner -- there is a wonderful nearby path on Roosevelt Island.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear VTMommy_8,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your time with us. As you found out, Arlington is such a lively, convenient location to stay when visiting anywhere in DC. The metro is located so close to the hotel and makes it very easy to get anywhere you need to.

I enjoy running also and will have try out Roosevelt island - another favourite of some of our guests is the Custis Trail along past the Jefferson memorial.

Hope to see you next time you are in DC.

Rachel Bridger