You added Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza to your Saves list
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

What impressed me most about this hotel wasn't the very nice large clean rooms, but the selection of the breakfast buffet that we went to each morning. Book it with your hotel as part of the package if you can, as it will save you money. The breakfast wait staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs.

The room was very large for a King room, plenty of room to move around and relax after a day of sightseeing in the area. The Keurig coffee maker was a nice touch too.

The hotel is 2 blocks from the AMC Theatre entrance to the DC Orange Line Metro Courthouse Station, which makes taking the metro into DC very accessible. There is also a sports bar/pub next door to the hotel called Ragtime that had good food.

Upon arrival we were offered Iced Lemon water and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby. I noticed in the mornings they had coffee and fresh hand fruit on the same table to the right of the reception desk.

Parking is $18 a night under the hotel. We would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the side of an apartment building. Odd numbered face the front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SJPitt
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for highlighting all of our many features. I will make sure I pass on your kind comments about the breakfast buffet to our food and beverage staff. They will be delighted.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights staff was very helpful. Room was clean and very quiet. There van driver went above and beyond. The front desk was very attentive and helpful. Can't wait to stay there the next time we visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Milwaukee C
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
What a great review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the readers on this site and we can't wait to see you again too!
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while trying to see as much of Washington, D.C. that we could. I cannot say enough about the staff. Eric and Andrea were very helpful and ready to answer any and all of our questions. The hotel restaurant staff was just as kind. The room was nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Italianmama49
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and for saying such nice things about our hotel. I will pass your comments on to Eric and Angela.
Peru, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family goes on a vacation once a year. We will usually go to 3-4 hotels each year. We have been doing this for the past 5 years. This hotel was without a doubt, the BEST HOTEL we have ever stayed in. Friendly, helpful staff...very clean hotel, spacious rooms. Super impressed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Michael M
I am not sure what I can say except: WOW. For a seasoned traveler like you to rate us so highly leaves us happy and humble. I will make sure that everyone here sees your comments.
Thank you so very much.
Birdsboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel was up to usual quality of the Hilton family with a good location to the metro for visit to DC and walking distance to many restaurants. Entire front desk was very helpful with dinner recommendations and assisting with shuttle services. There was always a happy greeting when we returned from a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Snuggles60
Thank you for sharing our secret with everyone. We are within walking distance (1 block) of the Metro and forty (40) restaurants and attractions.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in June. Although it is quite small compared to the larger hotels in the area, I really enjoyed my time here. I visited the hotel by myself on a sightseeing trip around Arlington and D.C., one major plus is the Metro station located just a few block or so away from the hotel with has direct services to Arlington Cemetry and D.C. as well as Reagan Airport. For my few days I picked up a Metro pass which I highly recommend for anyone staying in the Washington Metropolitan Area.

The hotel itself is a little small. Initially I found the lady on reception to be a little rude, but over my stay I found the staff to be very friendly, especially the cleaning staff which were very kind, pleasant and helpful throughout the trip. Breakfast at the hotel was ok, although it is not free and a little pricy. Something I didn't realise at the time.

There are plenty of restraunts around the area, along with a small number of shops. The Marine Corp memorial is within easy walking distance and the Arlington Cemetry isn't too far either. For everything else I would recommend taking the Metro.

All in all I would stay here again and highly recommend it to my friends. One thing to note however, the hotel's wifi is a little patch in the rooms at the end of the hallways. I stayed on the last room in the hall on the 5th floor and could only use wifi in a corner of my room (rooms are also quite large), so if you can, try request a central room.

Room Tip: Wifi in Corner Rooms is patchy and only works in certain corners. I would recommend a more central r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Eóin C
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I will definitely have a conversation with that Front Desk agent who checked you in.
Townsend, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was close to the metro, so it is very easy to get to a lot of the area attractions. The hotel is also in an area that offers a lot of good places to eat and drink.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're looking out for you .