“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have written a review from a previous stay at this hotel at the end of December 2012. As I wrote in that review my family and I visit the DC area at least once or twice a year and we usually have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Alexandria. Although we loved staying there we probably will not again after another enjoyable stay at this great hotel. My daughter and I stayed from May 23-27. First the employees from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff are so friendly and helpful. The room is so spacious and clean. We did not eat there this time or the last, so i can't comment on the food. The neighborhood the hotel is located in is so nice, clean and we feel very safe. Love that the metro is so convenient. The only suggestion I made in my last review was it would be nice if your room was cleaned earlier in the afternoon if you were staying over. In December it was cleaned as late as 5:30. Pleasantly the room was cleaned earlier in the afternoon on this trip. Both of my trips there have been with my daughter. I have come home from both trips tellling my husband how much he will love it when gets up that way.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robin R
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
How very kind of you and yes, the next time your are in let us know when you're leaving and we'll put our room on a priority list so when you come back we'll have it ready for you.

Thank you for all the wonderful compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

​Not very happy with food quality in this hotel. Rooms were noisy making hard to have a restful sleep before work the following day. There was also a funky smell of mold in my room. Location is nice but considering the competition with other hotels in the DC area, it is not that special. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am truly sorry you were unhappy with your stay here but I'm also sure that none of our staff was made aware of your concerns. With the best location in Arlington and one of Tripadvisor's highest ratings, we take a great deal of pride in making sure every guest leaves with a smile.
Thank you for your feedback.
baltimoe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

great stay i will come back definitly on my next vacation me and my family,also the front desk was very helpful and great,the room was great,and the food was delicious,the shuttle service was also good as well as the bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Victor B
Great to hear that you are definitely coming back again. Try our newly renovated patio on your next trip. It's a cool, casual way to have a meal or a drink after a long day. We'll be looking out for you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for one week in mid-April. I had a business conference nearby, which is the reason why I chose this hotel. To start off with, the hotel is easily accessible from DCA airport via taxicab or even on the metro (transfer required). The hotel is only two blocks or so from the Arlington Courthouse metro station, which is very handy and allowed for easy traveling into DC for sightseeing and business.

The hotel itself is a typical HGI and fully met my needs/expectations. The breakfast selection was pretty good and fully stocked during my stay. There is also a local CVS where you could pick up other snacks, if need be. I ate at a couple local area restaurants, which were also pretty good and convenient.

Really the only drawback that I had was that this hotel has no views. Being that it is a relatively low-rise building surrounded by high-rise buildings, there isn't much that you're going to be able to see out your window. I had my shades pulled the entire time so that the building across the street could not see into my room. Overall, not a big deal, but if you are looking for a hotel with views of Arlington Cemetary or DC, this isn't the place.

Overall though, I have no meaningful complaints and would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MaNa99
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We thank you very much. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and yes, we're a great place to be if you want easy access to DC, 40 different restaurants, shops and businesses and the Metro station. Next time, we'll put you on the North side where you can see the plaza across the street. see you then.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I are in the metro-DC area many times each year for business and personal travel and this is the place we normally stay. I look at it as being the best of both worlds: it's away from the congestion of the city, but it offers quick and easy access to everything that the Washington DC area has to offer.

The hotel itself is very clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast buffet provides solid but typical choices (eggs, bacon/sausage, breads, pastry, juices, cereals, yogurt, fruit, etc.) The area surrounding the hotel is safe and there are lots of dining choices within a very short walk down Clarendon or Wilson, including a Whole Foods if you're inclined to get something good to go. There is an AMC movie theater one block away. Cabs are easily summoned and the metro is close-by if you wish to venture into Alexandria, Georgetown, etc., for dining or shopping.

The hotel staff seems genuinely interested in being helpful and have always been pleasant to deal with: We had an A/C issue and the maintenance guy came up and fixed it in less than 15 minutes. We asked for extra towels and housekeeping was at the door right after we called. The night before my departure I asked the front desk to arrange transportation back to the airport for me, and the cab was waiting for me the next morning as requested, right on time.

It's a fairly quick cab ride from Washington National Airport (DCA), and the fare is typically in the range of $18-20. The hotel is a short two blocks from the nearest Metro station (Courthouse-Orange Line) which makes it an ideal access point to get to anyplace you'd wish to visit in the metro-Washington DC area. We've use the Hilton Garden Inn-Arlington for many business trips and also for some family excursions into DC and have always been happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi signal strength is better in rooms that are closer to the center of the building (closer to th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ATLBob
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
What a kind and detailed review. I really appreciate your taking the time to tell everyone about our wonderful staff, location and service. We are the best location in Arlington and we are so happy you had a great time.
Pleasanton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel met my needs. I did not get to sample many of the services as i was busy with my business activity.But the hotel is located at a convenient place and there are adequate dining facilities outside the hotel. Metro station is close-by

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Rao V
I am so sorry you never got a chance to sample our restaurant, fitness center, pantry our any of the forty (40) restaurants within walking distance. Next time you come to Arlington, take an extra day...we'll print you maps and point you (or take you in our free shuttle) anywhere you need to go...see you soon.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights on the last leg of our holiday in the States.
We chose this hotel because of its location close to DC (with the metro just two stops from central DC). We were satisfied with the services of the hotel, nothing out of the ordinary and it was what we expected for this price level. Rooms are okay and breakfast is decent. Staff at reception and in the breakfast room/restaurant are very helpful and friendly. Also the free shuttle service is a nice touch. However, the one thing we really did not like was the overall noise level in this building. In the rooms you can hear your next door neighbour flushing the toilet (very loud) and you can have a conversation with the people next door without leaving the room! Walls are very thin. We were lucky, our next door neigbours went to bed early. Had this not been the case we would have had a big problem. We would not chose this hotel again, simply because of the noise nuisance in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mouske
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered. I have never heard that issue raised before but thank you for bringing it to my attention. If you have a moment, please let me know with whom you spoke regarding your challenges and their response (or lack thereof). I want to use this as a teaching moment. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the survey.