“I Always Stay Here”

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Whenever I'm visiting DC on business, this is where I stay. It's clean, quiet, comfortable, has powerful A/C (a must in the DC area), and free wifi. They offer the government rate and have underground parking. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and provide amenities such as a coffee maker and minifridge. Staff are friendly and they put out fresh baked cookies in the evening.

There is indeed a small restaurant with a breakfast (which you pay for); occasionally they'll run a weekend special with free coupons and the buffet is pretty decent with fruits, yogurt, sausages, eggs, etc.

Location is superb - 5 minutes walking to the Metro, plenty of bars, restaurants and a cinema within 5-10 minutes walk. It's right off of Route 50, which gets you into DC or out to 395. There's no pool, but there is a fitness center. I stayed here once on business travel and never looked elsewhere afterward. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FSOTraveller
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review. Feedback is always welcome and this was better than anything I could have hoped for. I am very happy we continue to exceed your expectations and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I attended the 2013 Presidental Inaguration and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse. The hotel staff was great and the rooms are nice!! Close to AMC movie theater and lots of restaurants. Metro right across the street!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann270927
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

What an awesome review. This is better than any advertisement we could take out! Thank you so much for the kind words and for recognizing one of the best kept secrets in Arlington, VA. I really hope to meet you the next time you're here.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel over MLK weekend. We also got a great rate. I was worried since it was a holiday weekend and that the inauguration was happening as well.

The rooms are very nice. They have a lot of nice amenities and are very spacious. The fitness center was also great. I love the location (very close to metro), CVS, and other restaurants. The breakfast was good. I liked the option of make to order omelettes. I'm glad I'm a Hilton Gold Member, because I do think $15 for breakfast is a bit steep. I did like the free coffee/tea availability at all times. I also liked the free wifi.

My only complaint was that one of the days we did not get our rooms cleaned up. We even asked the front desk to do it when we noticed it wasn't taken care of. I'm guessing this was an isolated incident as everything else was very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rckbtm9999

What wonderful feedback. I appreciate the compliments and your candidness regarding Housekeeping. Rest assured that I have addressed the situation with that department.
Please give me a call the next time you are in Arlington and i will be sure to watch over your stay.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hilton Garden Hotel in Arlington on Courthouse Road is a pleasant experience. The hotel is clean, quiet and the the hotel staff members are accommodating. The beds are comfortable, and the room we used was nicely decorated.
The hotel does not have breakfast, so one must walk or drive to a breakfast spot; we found a Dunkin' Donuts and Corner Cupboard within two blocks. We parked in the underground garage for $16 per night--one could park on the street, but the hotel is located on a hill. It does not have a pool, but the exercise room is adequate. We were attending several events in downtown DC, and this is an easy drive on Route 50 into the city. The price was good for an expensive area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JBug46
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your knid words. I always appreciate the good reviews. Please remember that when ity comes to parking, not only do we have the most convenient location--1 block from the Metro, the mall and 40 restaurants--but our parking rates are still the lowest in the city.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I needed a location close to the metro and reasonable. This recently renovated hotel provided service that was outstanding. Staff and management were helpful and went the extra mile to ensure my stay was positive. The business center had a printer and copier available 24/7.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadQueen

We are pleased and proud that you gave us such praise. Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, seems as good as other HGI we've stayed in before. They had a quick breakfast for Marathon runners but we didn't try much. There was no coffee in the room we had to go downstairs for it which was a bummer. They did raise the prices for this weekend since it is so close to Marathon start and finish, which I understand but it was almost $75 more a night than the weekend before or after, and that's just a shame. Nice walk to metro and restaurants nearby to choose from. Our rooms faced an apartment complex but I never keep windows open in a hotel so it didn't bother me much. We must have picked an unfortunate time to stay because when we checked in after a 5 hour drive up we wanted to rest up before going out to Marathon events that night. However about an hour after check in they began jackhammering in the parking garage and it was so terribly loud that we had to leave the hotel to get some peace. It went on for a few hours so I felt sorry for those trapped at the hotel. I would hope next time if we stay there they won't be doing construction! Luckily it was quiet the next day after we ran the Marathon so we were able to sleep all day!! I would consider staying here even on non- Marathon DC stays.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TampaRobbinsNest
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

i am happy you found the hotel convenient for your needs (especially on the heels of the hurricane) and i must apologize for the noise. We just finished a $6 million renovation and having the approaching storm meant we had to hurry and get it completed and the equipment locked away.
Now you know that when you return this year, the hotel will be completely refreshed.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visit the DC area at least once a year, usually staying in Alexandria at the Embassy Suites (which we love). This time on a trip with my daughter after Christmas I got a really good rate at HGI Courthouse, so decided to stay there. Great decision. Upon check-in the lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful and arranged for us to have the courtsey shuttle take us to dinner. The driver was full of area information and very nice. The room is very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Although I have traveled to DC for years this is the first time that I have been to this area of Arlington. Absolutely love it. Very convenient to the Metro, good area restaurants and very clean and safe. Only minor complaint the room is not cleaned until late in the afternoon. Looking forward to staying there in 2013!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin R
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

i just wanted to say thank you so much for a fantastic review. Especially when you compare us so favorably to the more upscale Embassy Suites.
Thanks to your feedback we've also altered the way and order in which we clean stayover rooms vs. check out rooms so the next time your experience will be even better!

Hope to meet you when you come back.