“Great hotel!!”

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great hotel!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I attended the 2013 Presidental Inaguration and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse. The hotel staff was great and the rooms are nice!! Close to AMC movie theater and lots of restaurants. Metro right across the street!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann270927
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
What an awesome review. This is better than any advertisement we could take out! Thank you so much for the kind words and for recognizing one of the best kept secrets in Arlington, VA. I really hope to meet you the next time you're here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel over MLK weekend. We also got a great rate. I was worried since it was a holiday weekend and that the inauguration was happening as well.

The rooms are very nice. They have a lot of nice amenities and are very spacious. The fitness center was also great. I love the location (very close to metro), CVS, and other restaurants. The breakfast was good. I liked the option of make to order omelettes. I'm glad I'm a Hilton Gold Member, because I do think $15 for breakfast is a bit steep. I did like the free coffee/tea availability at all times. I also liked the free wifi.

My only complaint was that one of the days we did not get our rooms cleaned up. We even asked the front desk to do it when we noticed it wasn't taken care of. I'm guessing this was an isolated incident as everything else was very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rckbtm9999
What wonderful feedback. I appreciate the compliments and your candidness regarding Housekeeping. Rest assured that I have addressed the situation with that department.
Please give me a call the next time you are in Arlington and i will be sure to watch over your stay.
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hilton Garden Hotel in Arlington on Courthouse Road is a pleasant experience. The hotel is clean, quiet and the the hotel staff members are accommodating. The beds are comfortable, and the room we used was nicely decorated.
The hotel does not have breakfast, so one must walk or drive to a breakfast spot; we found a Dunkin' Donuts and Corner Cupboard within two blocks. We parked in the underground garage for $16 per night--one could park on the street, but the hotel is located on a hill. It does not have a pool, but the exercise room is adequate. We were attending several events in downtown DC, and this is an easy drive on Route 50 into the city. The price was good for an expensive area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JBug46
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your knid words. I always appreciate the good reviews. Please remember that when ity comes to parking, not only do we have the most convenient location--1 block from the Metro, the mall and 40 restaurants--but our parking rates are still the lowest in the city.
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I needed a location close to the metro and reasonable. This recently renovated hotel provided service that was outstanding. Staff and management were helpful and went the extra mile to ensure my stay was positive. The business center had a printer and copier available 24/7.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadQueen
We are pleased and proud that you gave us such praise. Thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, seems as good as other HGI we've stayed in before. They had a quick breakfast for Marathon runners but we didn't try much. There was no coffee in the room we had to go downstairs for it which was a bummer. They did raise the prices for this weekend since it is so close to Marathon start and finish, which I understand but it was almost $75 more a night than the weekend before or after, and that's just a shame. Nice walk to metro and restaurants nearby to choose from. Our rooms faced an apartment complex but I never keep windows open in a hotel so it didn't bother me much. We must have picked an unfortunate time to stay because when we checked in after a 5 hour drive up we wanted to rest up before going out to Marathon events that night. However about an hour after check in they began jackhammering in the parking garage and it was so terribly loud that we had to leave the hotel to get some peace. It went on for a few hours so I felt sorry for those trapped at the hotel. I would hope next time if we stay there they won't be doing construction! Luckily it was quiet the next day after we ran the Marathon so we were able to sleep all day!! I would consider staying here even on non- Marathon DC stays.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank TampaRobbinsNest
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
i am happy you found the hotel convenient for your needs (especially on the heels of the hurricane) and i must apologize for the noise. We just finished a $6 million renovation and having the approaching storm meant we had to hurry and get it completed and the equipment locked away.
Now you know that when you return this year, the hotel will be completely refreshed.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visit the DC area at least once a year, usually staying in Alexandria at the Embassy Suites (which we love). This time on a trip with my daughter after Christmas I got a really good rate at HGI Courthouse, so decided to stay there. Great decision. Upon check-in the lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful and arranged for us to have the courtsey shuttle take us to dinner. The driver was full of area information and very nice. The room is very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Although I have traveled to DC for years this is the first time that I have been to this area of Arlington. Absolutely love it. Very convenient to the Metro, good area restaurants and very clean and safe. Only minor complaint the room is not cleaned until late in the afternoon. Looking forward to staying there in 2013!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin R
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
i just wanted to say thank you so much for a fantastic review. Especially when you compare us so favorably to the more upscale Embassy Suites.
Thanks to your feedback we've also altered the way and order in which we clean stayover rooms vs. check out rooms so the next time your experience will be even better!

Hope to meet you when you come back.
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly! The good is the location, only two blocks away from the Metro. Also, the hotel is in pretty good shape. The breakfast staff is super, as is the Bar service. The Bad is attention to detail. Examples: We were there with a group of people attending the funeral of a friend at Arlington National Cemetary. Catering for the reception after the service was slipshod and resulted in many billing errors, The front desk staff ignored trash in the lobby on Saturday night (a case of "not my job" and the breakfast staff finally cleaned it up. The Ugly was housekeeping... Our room was never serviced on Saturday, even after several requests. When I complained to the Desk Person on Checkout on Sunday the resolution was to void the parking fee. Not a good substitute! I might stay there again, but only for the convienience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bergbahnn
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
To Our Valued Guest:

I truly apologize that this is your perception of our hotel because it seems that you are unaware of the truths behind your isssues...the fact that there were no billing errors, the scramble because the function was moved up an hour...but your perception does not diminish the fact that you did not enjoy yourself or our hotel. For that I am truly sorry.