“Lifetime of memories at this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Lincoln Ca
“Lifetime of memories at this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Upon arriving, my wife, our 2 daughters and I were pleased to find this hotel was perfectly located to not only beautiful downtown Arlington but to all points Washington DC and it's excellent Metro Rail Transit. We were greeted warmly by the evening check in staff. I mentioned to Wilton that this was a once in a lifetime trip for my family. I really appreciated to this day that we were given (per request) a top floor with a city view. We were there for 8 days and 7 nites. I enjoyed the view every single day. Breakfast buffet passes made the check in a very cool memory. The next day I asked Guest Services Supervisor AJ for some directions to points of interest. He dilegently found the info. Again very grateful. The next stand out staff member who caught my attention was their shuttle drivers, especially Abdul. When they weren't spoiling us with limosine type attention, catching us up to speed (no pun intended) to all the sights, He would see us walking around the neighborhood - pull over - waive to us and ask if we needed a ride! Seeing him when we'd came back to our hotel from our daily treks, we'd be greeted by his warm smile and asked if we enjoyed our day. That guy was something else...On the last day of our stay, we were coming back to the hotel from Cleveland Park (Metro stop for National Zoo - which is free), we plopped ourselves on the brand new couches in the front lobby and were asked how comfortable they were from Director of Management Andrew. He said that we were the first people to sit in them! Wow! Man by this time this staff made us feel like we were making a commercial. We felt special. This whole staff is something incredible. The weather was perfect. It was a compliment to this hotel, the city of Arlington, it's gracious people all there is to see in their vibrant downtown. Hands down, this hotel is the place to stay. Again, it is perfectly located and you will be too!

Room Tip: Double Beds Room 802 with a City View
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CandlestickRich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My daughter and I have never been treated so good before until we arrived at the Garden Inn in Arlington VA... We were so tired from traveling all night long and just wanted to get in our room and relax before my niece wedding, well! The sweet young lady at the front desk (linda) just made everything right... Her smile alone... Mehari was wonderful and Deny. The hotel is so beautiful. The breakfast was so GOOD....

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

It took me forever to decide where to stay for our trip to DC. My main priorities were; cleanliness, safe neighborhood, close to Metro and positive reviews by others. The Hilton at Courthouse Plaza fit all of my needs. My family (including 2 12 year old boys) had a great stay. The staff was attentive, the rooms were clean and the location was great. The hotel is near the courthouse, so there was a business aspect to the area. Good restaurants within walking distance, movie theater, Starbucks, pharmacy, etc. The Metro was a 5 minute walk at most. Was always nice to come back from a long day in DC to cookies, coffee and tea in the lobby. Breakfast was included in our stay and the buffet was your typical fare, with many options. Would return here next time!

1 Thank Nancy M
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very nice hotel - seems as if the functions were crammed into a very tight site but this is premium real estate. Situated in a very upscale urban neighborhood with easy access to Metro rail. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012
West Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of June 8th and had an incredible stay from the very start to after checkout. The front desk staff, just to name a few, AJ, Linda, Tulu and Aletia were so kind and accommodating. Traveling a long distance, I asked for an early checkin and adjacent rooms for my family - Done! During the stay, the staff was always professional and so friendly. They offered time and again to help us with our needs, such as printing directions, taking color copies for us, and more. After we checked out, I remembered I left something in the room and called Linda at the front desk. She quickly had someone retrive it and a family member picked it up for me. The hotel is lovely with spacious rooms and easy access to restaurants, attractions, and DC. We could not have picked a better place to stay.

Anguilla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I enjoyed the pleasure of staying at HGI Arlington recently. Upon arrival two staff members at the front desk welcomed and checked me in in a bright and professional manner. I was immediately impressed by their very positive approach. I later learnt that one of them was the Asst Gen. Manager, Ermeyas Tulu. The room I was assigned to was pleasing in both style and function: the colours were soothing and the furniture updated and comfortable in appearance. I noticed that the window looked out to what appeared to be apartment balconies in very close proximity. I was hurrying however so my intention was just to drop my bags in the room and immediately leave the hotel to go sightseeing.

Upon my leaving the lobby area however the front office personnel asked if I liked my room. I responded affirmatively indicating that the only negative was the view. I was immediately offered an alternative upgraded accomodation - a suite which was very well appointed, and which offered a different street perspective. This was certainly beyond my expectations.

Unfortunately I was at the hotel for only 2 nights; I would certainly have stayed longer were I able to. The location is in close proximity to Arlington Cemetery and not far from downtown DC with museums and various attractions.

While the hotel is well located, the service ethic is what I remember most. The restaurant staff were equally service oriented, and the breakfast was enjoyable.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The hotel has been renovated so most rooms are nice. Rooms just above the entrance may experience a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kenn_P
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, over the course of an extended weekend holiday. It was very close to the Metro train (subway) about a 10 minute walk. Close to restaurants, shops and a pharmacy/convenience store (open 24 hours/day). The hotel had a good breakfast buffet, with same standards choices every morning but alot of variety. The rooms were comfortable, equiped with microwaves, fridge (convenient when you have a small child). Over all staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 4th floor near fire exit (end of hallway) south side, was good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family