“Good value for a large room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Central Coast, California
“Good value for a large room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our family of four visited Washington DC this spring. We prefer queen beds and plenty of space which can be difficult to find but this HGI provided it beautifully. Overall accommodations were not luxurious but very comfortable; everything in the room worked. Each staff member we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The package I signed up for included their very nice breakfast buffet but the front desk had no record of it and told us we would have to pay for it. When I produced a printout that itemized what I paid for, it was immediately rectified. Well worth it, too: their breakfast is in very nice setting with a good variety of hot food, fresh fruit, pastries, etc. Another important feature for us was easy access to the city. A short walk to the metro makes that possible. We ate at a couple of restaurants in the area, too, which were very good. A good experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMHGIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington. We too feel our hotel offers a nice setting for families as well as business travelers. Our close proximity to metro and shopping in a nice area of Arlington makes it close, convenient and safe for family travel.
I was also pleased to hear the wonderful comments about our staff. I am sorry for the confusion about your breakfast package but happy to hear that our team members felt empowered to resolve the issue without much delay.

Thank you once again for your time. We are looking forward to your return visit to HGI Arlington.

Gary Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
USA, connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I haven't arrived yet but spent over an hour on the phone with various people trying to straighten out reservation screwup. I called to reserve two nights in a few days, wanting to use reward points. Both on the sight when i looked and as told by the reservation agent, it was 30,000/night. I was short about 8,000 and was told i could purchase additional miles for $100. I gave my cc info and the agent indicated some difficulties with the system. An email arrived but before i could look at it we were disconnected. The email indicated a charge of $270 to puchase remaining miles for the now $40,000/night charge. The room rate for cash was $279, aao buying miles made no sense. An hour later, and three levels of call center personnel, the best they could do was cancel the reservation and rebook, without an assurance that the miles would be back in my account. Based on my experience, it was the Hilton DIS-Honors program. Am i ever sorry that my usual Marriott was sold out.....

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights. I want to warn anyone who makes a reservation here, every single night I stayed here, I was woken up by a very loud truck honking over and over (like 20 times) from on of their lots. Some nights it was as early as 11:30pm and some as late as 2pm. This was not an ideal place for me to stay because I have to wake up at 5:30-6 for work. I talked to the people in the room next door and they seemed equally frustrated with the inconsiderate beeping. I don't recommend this hotel if you have to get up for work. You will be woken up. My room was towards the top of the hill.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Lauramcfee
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Although I am deeply sorry for any disturbances this may have caused during your stay I highly value the content. Due to your feedback we have altered our PM delivery to arrive earlier in the evening as to not disturb our guests.

We recognize the importance of a good night rest here at the Hilton Garden Inn and will always accommodate reasonable requests such as yours.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed here in October 2010. The hotel is situated in Arlington, Virginia, and only a cheap cab ride away from downtown DC. The staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. There was a massive gym here, too, which was a plus. The waiter in the restaurant was hilariously terrible, but in a sweet way; not a rude one. We figured it was his first night on the job ... so it was kind of endearing. The room we stayed in was spacious, the beds were comfortable - all in all, I thought the Hilton Garden was very good value. I would absolutely recommend the Hilton Garden to a friend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

While convenient and located in the charming town of Arlington, the Hilton Garden Inn does not have clean rooms. I cleaned it myself and the rags were black once I removed the mold from the air conditioner, the filth from the (inoperable) bath vent. The bed linens and towels were all stained. A Hilton hotel club member commented that engineering would not respond to her request that the maids not use guest laundry area. I had to phone 4 times before someone actually showed up to assist with a machine that was jammed. Do yourself a favor, and stay at the Marriott.

Oh, outdoor eatery is next to the trash dumpster.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank AmericanTraveler20
Thank you for taking the time to give us such valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry you received nothing short of our typical great, clean and friendly service. Cleanliness is at the top of our list here at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington and our housekeeping team takes great pride in the work.
We have taken your recent information and utilized it as a training tool for additional cleaning of all of our air conditioning units. We have also reviewed the use of our guest laundry for hotel procedures with our team and have emphasized that these are for guest use only and not hotel use.
Please accept my apologies for your experience here at our hotel. I assure you this is not typical of our service or expectations. I can’t stress how much we appreciate the time and the comments.
We hope to see you again soon.

Belmont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed here during a trip to DC with our 13 year old son. The hotel was clean. The room was large and the beds were very comfortable. Internet was free. The breakfast buffet was good but expensive. We generally got breakfast at The Corner Bakery a few blocks away.

The location was excellent for our trip. The hotel is located only a few blocks from the Courthouse Metro station. The neighborhood was pretty empty at night but was safe. There were a few small restaurants near the Metro station that were inexpensive and had decent middle eastern food.

This is a good place to stay if you are looking for proximity to the Metro with lower prices than you will find in DC.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
NOVA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed here and survived the broken frig and microwave but when it comes to laundry time...I'm sharing it with the rest of the hotels' sheets and towels and have to speak Spanish to get my time in to do my own laundry. And I'm paying for it. Sad.......

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business