“Good Overall”
Review of CIRCA at Clarendon

CIRCA at Clarendon
Reserve with OpenTable
CIRCA at Clarendon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I go to circa quite a bit and it is always consistent. The food is really good and the drinks are great. I had a burger the last time I was there and it was very good. I will continue to go back. Also the beer selection is good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Friends suggested that we have dinner last night at Circa's in Clarendon. The weather really cooperated and we were able to sit outside in the comfortable outdoor area. I had the crab cakes with a side of mashed potatoes. Salmon, a variety of salads were had by the co-conspirators. The restaurant will freely substitute on the sides. The crab cakes were very good and in the same league as Clyde's and Carlyle Grand in Northern VA. I like to gauge restaurants against competition like Clyde's and the Great American Restaurants which almost always deliver a great meal.

The service was friendly, knowledgeable and properly attentive. The bill for four of us with tips wine, 4 main dishes, 2 desserts and 3 coffees was $180. We sat there for 2 hours and enjoyed it thoroughly. You can sit inside but why if the weather is gorgeous. This was our first visit but we will return.The restaurant is apparently part of a chain; this one is located at 3010
Clarendon Blvd. Arlington, Va 703-522-3010. I would guess that a reservation would be essential on the weekend at least.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is less about food and more about the attractive space. It has beautifully manicured bushes our front with a Spanish style fountain, and a large covered patio to eat outside. The inside is pretty as well, with bottles of some presumably Spanish liqueur arranged artfully everywhere.

The food was good, but I was disappointed that nothing was really inventive or innovative on the menu. The service was unmotivated at best, but there were no serious issues. It just seems like the wait staff has no "ownership" of the dining experience.

I would try it again to see if they have a better time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ordered a variety of small dishes and shared. The food was very good and service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been to Circa for dinner and brunch. Food was good, but not exceptional and a bit expensive with smaller portions. The atmosphere was ok, but noisy outside and nothing extraordinary. The service was ok the first time, but excellent the second. I may go back, but there are other restaurants in D.C. I would rather go to.