Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
$178
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$180
$149
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Hilton Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$124
$113
  • Room Service
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$116
$113
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$126
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$122
$115
1,701 results
All reviewscrystal citythe breakfast areametro stationdc areahot itemscomplimentary breakfastreagan national airportjefferson davis highwaytwo blocksyogurtking suitegreat place to stayfree shuttlewithin walking distancewould stay here againindoor poolconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel March 18-24, 2007. The guy driving the airport shuttle was very nice and was to the airport to pick us up in less than three minutes after I called. Check in was very fast. Our room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is about a five minute walk to the Marta (which we used a lot).

There was always a complementary bag of popcorn in the room which the kids enjoyed after a long day of sight seeing. My husband enjoyed
the fact there was free internet service in the room. It would have been nice if we had a safe in the room, but there was one at the front desk. They were very nice about storing our things while we went out for the day, and we used it every day. The complementary breakfast was very good. There was a different hot item every day, and the staff made sure that everything was always stocked. The bathroom in the lobby was very clean and the pool was nice too. My daughter went to the pool during our stay and she enjoyed it. There was a lifeguard on duty, but he didn’t seem to pay attention to what anyone was doing while swimming.

During our week long stay I had two complaints. While checking in, there was a homeless guy in the lobby that followed my family and I upstairs. The staff at the front desk said nothing to him. When we got to our floor he went a different way, I think because he saw another family to follow. Second, after coming back to the hotel after a day of sightseeing, we arrived to a dirty room. Our room wasn’t clean; the cleaning service came into the room, but only to take out our dirty towels. I called to the front desk and immediately someone came up and gave us fresh hand rags and towels and emptied the trash.

There was a light that was out in the kitchenette area. When I reported it to the front desk it was immediately fixed. My husband is a very critical person of hotels, but had nothing but nice things to say about the Hampton Inn.

When visiting the DC area, I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank themeheaven
Reviewed April 6, 2007

We just returned from a 5-night stay at this Hampton, which served as our home base while we took our 9-year-old to see D.C. during his spring break. We booked this Hampton mainly because they have suites, which we need when traveling as a family. Also, they provide free breakfast; the price was right; and the proximity to D.C. and a Metro stop was excellent. We were not disappointed in any way. In fact, it was probably better than we expected, when compared to other Hamptons we've stayed at. I could go on and on about what I loved (the nearby restaurants and Starbucks; the BED -- how I miss it already! -- and wonderful pillows; the fresh, free coffee 24/7). I only have a few quibbles. One: the bathroom. The bathroom in the suite (containing only the commode and tub) is very peculiar. It's tiny; you can barely stand inside and shut the door. The tub and the wallpaper are so dull and utilitarian, you can't help but wonder what they were thinking when they planned this. Two: they have a wonderful indoor heated pool, but it has bizarre hours (it reopens at 6 pm after being closed much of the day). Still, these are small issues compared with everything they do right at this hotel. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank katerz
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Stayed here in late January for 3 nights and was very pleased with the accommodation even though the elevator to the parking garage was not working during the entire stay. Because of that the hotel immediately gave us free parking (normally $10 a night). Luckily we had no problem going up and down the steps and saved $30.

The room was comfortable and looked out onto the street (which can be noisy at times). We liked the convenience to the Metro (they will even shuttle you to the Metro if you like but it is walkable) and it was a fairly easy drive to Old Town Alexandria for dinner. If you have a car it's definitely worth the trip to Old Town. We had dinner at Casablanca (a Moroccan restaurant - great atmosphere and not too expensive), Las Tapas (excellent place - one of my favorites when I'm in the area), and Geranio (continental Italian food - not cheap but very good food and good service).

Because these are junior suites you get a small refrigerator and a microwave. We like to have sodas on hand at night so the refrigerator came in handy.

The hotel breakfast was very good and well stocked with a variety of items. It's a great deal if you want to visit DC without the exorbitant prices.

Overall we had a very nice stay here and would come back again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Longwood Traveler
Reviewed March 26, 2007

WOW! Great price, great and safe location 2 blocks from the Metro, friendly staff, clean well stocked rooms, plush linens, HUGE breakfast with many hot items.....I can keep going on!!! This is one of the best overall stays I've ever had in a hotel (and I spend around 45 days a year in hotels!). In a nutshell...stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank c3pon
Reviewed March 23, 2007

I was booked at this property for three nights while in the DC area on business. The room was booked through corporate travel. I was provided with a standard king room for a rate of $199 per night. While this is high for a Hampton Inn, it is a good rate for the area around DC in prime lobbying season.

Access to the property is extremely easy. It is situated close to National Airport and is in the heart of Crystal City. It is a five-minute walk to the Crystal City Metro station and shopping areas with a great selection of well-known eateries. Free hotel shuttle service is available not only from the airport, but also anywhere within Crystal City. Average wait time for a shuttle was about seven minutes. Shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful.

The property is obviously well maintained. The exterior is clean, neat and attractive. Front door access is limited after 11:00 PM and rear door access is limited around the clock. Although this is a safe area, it appears that the management is attempting to provide security enhancements where possible.

The lobby area is very attractive and spacious. During my stay I noticed several people visiting in that area with plenty of room for quiet discussions/meetings.

The pool and fitness areas are small, but functional. All machines were operable and access is limited to registered guests.

Elevator access is convenient, but proved to be slow during peak morning times. There are two elevators to serve the property and waits in the AM turned out to be longer than I would have liked.

Check-in was flawless. All paperwork was prepared on my arrival and the room was ready prior to the stated check-in time.

The room was clean, spacious and attractive. Noise from nearby roadways, the airport, and adjacent rooms was well controlled. The bedding is typical for the upgrades that Hampton put through some eighteen months ago. The room featured a refrigerator and microwave, a nicely arranged sitting area, and a workspace with complimentary high-speed internet access. The only maintenance issue in the room was a broken desk chair. When I brought the issue to the attention of the front desk staff, the chair was replaced with a new one – in less than five minutes.

The morning breakfast is a little more upscale than that typically seen at a Hampton. Each morning brought a different hot item combined with the standard cereal, fruit, yogurt etc. The eating area was well staffed and consistently clean, even during peak times. This is a problem area for some properties, not so here.

The Hampton is associated with the adjacent Radisson. This relationship allows the Hampton to offer room service, which is a rarity in the chain. While I did not use the service, the listed prices were most reasonable and the selection was varied.

Checkout was easier than the flawless check-in. The statement was slid under my door and was correct. I returned the key card, verified the billing and was out the door.

This is a well managed, well maintained property. It should be considered for its convenience, cleanliness and price point.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business