Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
  • Room Service
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
  • Breakfast included
1,726 results
All reviewscrystal citythe breakfast areametro stationdc areahot itemscomplimentary breakfastreagan national airportjefferson davis highwaytwo blocksyogurtking suitegreat place to staywithin walking distancefree shuttlewould stay here againindoor poolconvenient location
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We stayed in a Suite at the Hampton Inn and loved it. Very comfortable beds, separate sitting area, refrigerator, microwave, irons, and all kinds of amenities. Although many people were staying at hotel (as witnessed at breakfast in mornings), it was quiet in the rooms. This hotel is a great choice.

Note: This was our first trip to D.C. and I'm glad we read reviews at tripadvisor and decided to stay in Crystal City. As you will read in other reviews, it is very easy to get to Metro station (about 2 streets over) and you can catch the rail in either direction about every 15 minutes. I am so glad we decided not to drive a car while in D.C. We bought a SmarTrip card at the Commuter Store in the Crystal Underground which made using metro even easier and would definitely do again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eatandtravel2
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This is a very fresh, updated Hampton Inn. We have stayed here several times over the years and have always been very impressed. The rooms are clean, well-appointed, and quiet, though not large. The bed is comfortable, and the bathroom is spacious and nice.

The breakfast, as at all Hampton Inns, is good considering it is free. There is a large TV and plenty of seating; it can get more crowded when a convention is in town.

The staff has always been very friendly and professional during our stays. There is a free shuttle to Reagan National Airport although it does not always run on a schedule.

The metro is a long 5 minute walk - I have walked between the hotel and the Metro stop a dozen times at all hours of day and night and always have felt safe, even with my family. The ride into the convention Center is about 20 minutes.

The value for the money is excellent. We never stay in DC any more because the prices are just too high; we stay in Arlington and take the metro to whatever convention or other event we are going for.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank psychtobe
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Thnx for all the reviews...this helped me choose hotels....
Family of 4 on spring break, former reviews of this hotel seconded: great location, it is only 2 blocks not 6 to the metro via Eads St in back of hotel, great choice of restaurants on 23rd, etc. Hotel: at approx. $210/ night including taxes and parking ($12/day) our room (421), south: the window faced the adjacent wall to the radisson, east: jefferson davis hwy. (The hotel is connected to the radisson). room is next to the elevator banks which i thought would be very noisy but this is not the case (I am ultra sensitive to noise) but what got me is the room is 2 floors up from the hotel's ventilating system...turned on the tAC for white noise to compete with the ventililating fans, helped a little...there was no tourist lit/info at the front desk which we found odd (maybe they cater mostly to businessmen but we saw plenty of tourists), we asked directions to the udvar-hazy center (air & space museum's outpost at dulles airport) and the receptionist couldn't handle the question and kept directing us to the mall we kept on saying that we want to go to the one at dulles airpt., they told us to step aside because there are people waiting...the breakfast is OK: that is if you go before 8AM or after 9AM, there were busloads of high schoolers (i heard someone at the front desk say they are under contract to schools), so make note if you want a table, otherwise you'll eat breakfast in your room, consisted of yogurts, fruits, breads, protein of the day: sausage more like kielbasa, or eggs, or meat/ gravy poured over biscuits, juices, coffee, waffles, cold cereal, the ladies who replenish these work hard so give them a smile even if you're pissed off because some teenager cut you off while going for the banana, got tired of the provisions by the 4th morning...the pool, the reason why we chose the hotel: not worth it, it is small, 12 people in it and you're just standing in water, can't do a cannonball or you'll splash someone sitting on the sides, not that the lifeguard will allow it...All in all we had a nice stay but we'll stay somewhere else next time unless they give us a very good deal...I spoke to a lady i shared table with and she told me that she got her room at $79/ night because she called the hotel directly...We'll be returning to DC again but not during spring break to avoid highschool trippers, cherry blossom fans, and folks like us......

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My wife and I booked our stay using our HHonors points. Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay here.

We arrived at 2:30pm. Check-in was a breeze and we were given a corner room on the top floor. There were no disturbances or major issues.

I like to sleep on firm mattresses so I thought the bed was on the soft side. For some reason, the curtains in our room did not close all the way. Yes, I checked the track and there was no room for movement. Only the sheer curtains could be closed all the way.

We did not use any housekeeping services so I cannot comment on that aside from our room looking clean when we walked in. There were plenty of towels for the both of us during our 2 night stay.

The continental breakfasts have a good variety to choose from. They offer eggs, ham, biscuits, muffins, fruit, pastries, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, and varieties of cereal. Seating is luck of the draw since it's packed in the mornings.

In response to another review about the distance to the Metro: It really isn't far. From a NYC perspective it's one Manhattan avenue plus a Queens Blvd crossing. Maybe in perspective when you've done so much walking around in DC you're tired and think the 3 block walk is 6 blocks...

Tip: There are a few of restaurants close-by on 23rd and South Eads Streets. We ate at Kabob Palace and Top Thai Restaurant. Kabob palace is open 24/7 so it's perfect for a late night bite.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbman
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This is a nice hotel with great service and very reasonable. The biggest drawback is the Long Long walk to the Metro center. I always prefer Hampton Inns but the walk to the Metro is so far, a good 6 blocks. Everything else was fine, very nice area also.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family