“Pleasant stay for our weekend getaway in DC”

Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My wife and I booked our stay using our HHonors points. Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay here.

We arrived at 2:30pm. Check-in was a breeze and we were given a corner room on the top floor. There were no disturbances or major issues.

I like to sleep on firm mattresses so I thought the bed was on the soft side. For some reason, the curtains in our room did not close all the way. Yes, I checked the track and there was no room for movement. Only the sheer curtains could be closed all the way.

We did not use any housekeeping services so I cannot comment on that aside from our room looking clean when we walked in. There were plenty of towels for the both of us during our 2 night stay.

The continental breakfasts have a good variety to choose from. They offer eggs, ham, biscuits, muffins, fruit, pastries, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, and varieties of cereal. Seating is luck of the draw since it's packed in the mornings.

In response to another review about the distance to the Metro: It really isn't far. From a NYC perspective it's one Manhattan avenue plus a Queens Blvd crossing. Maybe in perspective when you've done so much walking around in DC you're tired and think the 3 block walk is 6 blocks...

Tip: There are a few of restaurants close-by on 23rd and South Eads Streets. We ate at Kabob Palace and Top Thai Restaurant. Kabob palace is open 24/7 so it's perfect for a late night bite.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed March 23, 2009

This is a nice hotel with great service and very reasonable. The biggest drawback is the Long Long walk to the Metro center. I always prefer Hampton Inns but the walk to the Metro is so far, a good 6 blocks. Everything else was fine, very nice area also.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank murphman
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We did choose this hotel for its location in close proximity to Reagan Airport from which we were departing in the early morning. Check in was quick and without any problems. We did get a spacious room with a king sized bed. Room was reasonably clean, so was the bathroom, though it was showing signs of wear - some renovation there would be welcome.

One problem with the room was that the only source of heat there was the aircon unit by the window. Old and worn down it was very noisy, we had to switch it off to be able to sleep. By the middle of the night it was already uncomfortably cold in the room. In fact for this reason alone I think I won't stay there again - I like to keep my room warm and I hate noise, in fact I can't sleep if there is anything humming in the room. So I prefer hotels that are able to keep their rooms warm but silent.

Generally no other problems there but also no thrills. Can't say anything about the breakfast - we checked out too early to get one, but complimentary coffee, cookies and apples were available near the reception. No wireless Internet in rooms, but wired was available - however, for a surcharge. Staff we had pleasure to deal with was polite and efficient.

A mistake we made was to order dinner from the room service. We did order pasta and a chicken dish + apple crumble for desert. Dishes arrived on plates wrapped in plastic foil - it turns out from another hotel, I think it was Radisson, that was in the next building. The food was really bad - tasted like canned food re-heated in microwave. We didn't get sick or anything, just got to sleep very very disappointed. After 10 hours flight from Europe we wanted some real food before moving on - we would have been better off with Dominos Pizza. In fact, some of the stuff served on KLM was tasting better than this.

Booked through Expedia, so I did get a good rate of $89 - right now they quote over $230 per night, which is a highway robbery for this place. So overall - if you're on a budget and happen to find a good deal, stay there. Don't oder room service food, though.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Emin
Reviewed November 5, 2008

This hotel is a bargain for the price. The metro and great restaurants are a block from the hotel. The hotel was quiet and the front desk was extremely helpful showing me several maps of where I needed to go to do some sight seeing. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank thegr8k8
Reviewed October 31, 2008

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I highly recommend this to anyone staying in the DC metro area. Very convenient to Crystal City metro station, restaurants, car rental, and shops. Great location for marathon. Comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MCinAustin
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Excellent in all aspects. Spacious suite. Everything clean and in good working order. Only complaint was that the toilet and bathtub are in a very small closet which almost requires you to stand in the bathtub to open and close the door. Also, the shower spray was very weak. But these are only small complaints for what was a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank iamzorba
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stay in Northern Virginia overnight as we travel to our hometown, as it is a day's drive from where we live now. When we don't stay with family, we used to stay at the Courtyard Crystal City, but this is our new destination. Why? Location, location, location! It is very easy to find on the corner of Jefferson Davis Highway and 20th Street; it is a very short walk out the back door on Eads Street to the restaurants on 23rd Street (go left) or the Metro and Crystal City Shops (go right). Also, the staff (especially Chris at the desk) was beyond helpful and accomodating, even holding luggage and moving us into a new room while we saw the sights.

We have two elementary school children, and stayed in a regular room with two double beds for one night, and a king suite for two nights. Both were nice and seemed very new and clean, though the suite was of course much more spacious. The children were thrilled by the complimentary microwave popcorn; the adults were thrilled to have a bit of privacy in a separate bedroom with a door that closed.

The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate (and had kid-friendly cereal choices, which you don't always see at hotels with a large business clientele). They have an indoor pool with a lifeguard, which is open mornings and evenings during the week (probably longer hours on weekends). Parking in their garage was included in our rate.

All in all, it was a great break and a reasonable rate in a very expensive area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family