“Spring break problems”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Orlando, United States
“Spring break problems”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great location, and pretty much what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn. However, upon returning to our room after sight seeing all day, we found the door to our room open. My husband immediately informed the front desk clerk, who said he would look into it and call us. No phone call. When I went to the desk the next morning to report a plumbing issue, the manager apologized and said it was a new housekeeper. Totally unacceptable - management should have been in touch with us, not wait for us to happen up to the desk. We've stayed in a lot of Hamptons, and this was not what we've come to expect for service.

3 Thank Daniel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Suffern, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

In an attempt to skirt Washington, D.C., I found myself lost inside of it. I was pretty miserable, as after a week's vacation down south, I just wanted to be home; however, since I would have arrived in my NY home too late at night, I ended up staying in the D.C. area. Thankfully, a friend found this reasonably priced room (for the DC area) for me, on Expedia, and made a spur of the moment reservation. Once I saw the room, and the hotel's proximity to a Metro stop, it lifted my spirits!

It did cost $20 to park the car, but since the hotel was only 2 blocks from the Crystal City Metro Stop, I didn't have to worry about where to park, while we visited the Smithsonian the next day. The hotel is also within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and even to a 7-11, in case you forgot anything.

The room in which we stayed, which happened to be a handicapped accessible one, was beautiful, spacious, clean, bright, and had a lovely view, as it was on one of the upper floors. The complimentary breakfast the next morning, was plentiful and had a good variety. There was even a person making waffles for whomever wanted them. All staff were friendly and helpful.

We may be coming to the DC area in the spring. If we do, I know where I'm staying!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had a reservation for my brother at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport 2000 Jefferson Davis Highway | Arlington | VA | United States 22202 Hampton Confirmation #86378180‏ This did not happen and he was not allow to stay at hotel nor did I receive a call from Management with a authorization letter. Instead he had to find another hotel and location.

Baton rouge, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I always stay in Crystal City when visiting DC. The reason is the value of the hotel pricing with convenience to metro and all DC has to offer. Usually I will stay at the Marriott due to the metro being accessible right below the hotel, but this time I chose Hampton Inn. With the inclusion of the complimentary breakfast that included hot items such as eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. along with traditional favorites such as muffins that the other hotels in the area do not offer it made the value exceptional. As a family of four staying in DC our cost of breakfast if not offered by the hotel would have easily been an extra $60-$80 per day based on the items they have in the breakfast dining area. Not having the metro under the hotel was no problem either due to the convenience of 2 crosswalks located near the hotel. A quick walk across the street and we were on the metro. For those that might consider this an inconvenience consider that we stayed during March and there was a snow storm that left 10” of snow in our path. With a 5 and 6 year old we still had no problem getting to the metro and our tourist destinations within minutes.

3 Thank George A
SPRING, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It was clean and quiet. It is located within walking distance from a metro station. Breakfast was excellent. The water in the pool is warm. This is an excellent hotel. I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Herve I
Chicago
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to Washington DC as well as DCA. The hotel is very close to Reagan National Airport. We selected a two room king size bed suite. We found the rooms very well designed with electrical outlets everywhere. The staff was very nice an gracious in allowing an early check-in. The hotel is located only two blocks from the Metro train station allowing easy access to the city.

There are a number of good restaurants within a two block radius. Legal Sea Foods, Chili's to name a few. We went to the pool once but there were a lot of boy scouts staying for the weekend. They were well behaved but it was too crowded.

We found the free breakfast mediocre but that is just my opinion. All in all we were pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel had last minute availability and was cheaper than the hotels suggested from United. I stay in Hampton Inns quite a bit, and their quality is usally very dependable, this one is above average for HI. The hotel is very close to DCA, the free shuttle did not even take 5 minutes. The free breakfast buffet was above average for Hampton Inn. I will certainly go back for a longer planned visit with my family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo