You added Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Missouri
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have stayed at this hotel now, perhaps 3-5 times over the past year or so. The hotel is nice, in a nice location and the staff has been good - and I would not have continued to come back if it had been anything less. Nothing has been so outstanding good or bad that I've felt the need to review the hotel outside of my first review of this property. I will start this review before I arrived at the property as my flight was delayed by over an hour which transport included would have placed me at the Crystal City metro station after midnight. I called from the airport before we took off to ensure that the shuttle van would be available after midnight to come get me from the metro station, as I just didn't feel safe walking with luggage by myself at that time of night, in Crystal City or anywhere I would be arriving at that time of night. When the phone was finally answered the young lady who answered kind of chuckled when I relayed my concerns to her regarding walking by myself from the metro station that late at night and was very dismissive to my concerns - and said "the area is very safe, don't worry about walking". OK, my question was not answered but I thought perhaps I would call again once I landed to see if I could get a better answer. I called not once but twice while in my car from BWI (long story as to why I flew in there and needed to get to Arlington) to Union Station and the telephone was never answered. There is little to no reception on the Metro so I decided to just deal with it once I got to Crystal City. Of course there were no cabs anywhere around at that time and it was well after midnight when I arrived so I just decided to walk it. The walk was fine, but my point regarding the comment about the safety of the area stands. So, along with the front door being locked when I arrived to the hotel I was already off to a bad start with this property. Check in was smooth and I got to my room and pretty much passed out - it had been a long day of travel. When I woke up on Monday morning I had a chance to look at my room - it was old. The oldest I'd been in at this hotel and just didn't seem up to standards that I expect from this hotel. It was very clean - Hampton clean - but my towels had spots from wear on them and one duvet had a spot on it - really really unusual - I guess I just drew the bad room this time. Early that first morning and that second evening what appeared to be a family of 10 or so had the room next to me and the room across from me - there was a lot of them and they were loud - I could hear pretty much everything going on between the rooms and in the rooms both morning and evening. Again, kind of unusual for this property - it's usually pretty quiet. Here's where my experience takes an unusual direction. I worked downtown all day on Monday and on my return to the hotel I was coming in the back entrance, which is easiest from the Metro). The sidewalk is brick. Uneven brick. I was walking and what I though I did was trip over a brick and fall, but upon landing on the sidewalk, I discovered my knee had dislocated and I was laid out on the sidewalk for about 5 min in searing incredible pain. Once my knee relocated itself I collected my things and hobbled into the back door, up to the area by where they keep water and soda, got a water and a soda and explained to the desk clerk what happened, and she tried to give me the drinks for free almost as if to apologize for what happened. I insisted on paying for the drinks, and, honestly, I was a little shell-shocked by what had just happened to me so I continued to stand there and ask what I should do - I wanted nothing more than to go lay down so when I was ignored, I walked away. Following that I encountered two desk clerks and what appeared to be a manager. One of the desk clerks in her best whisper voice that wasn't so good whispered very loudly - "there's the lady that fell out back" giggle giggle giggle. I am about 99% sure the security camera picked up the whole incident so I'm sure that's how they knew (I was also wearing the same clothing). I'm pretty sure they saw my death stare and at that point I decided to just address it with someone when I checked out the next day. Upon check out I mentioned what happened the day before to not one but all 3 people at the desk and not one crap was given about it - I even mentioned it to the driver of the van on the way to Reagan that afternoon and not that I expected him to do anything about it but my concern wasn't even acknowledged. I know summer is a busy time for this hotel - they were swamped with vacations and conferences going on but the lack of concern about not only a customer's medical issue but a potential liability issue on their part is concerning. I've made the decision as I sit at my desk with my knee elevated and iced, that I will not be back to this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gardentraveler1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our party consisted of two adults & three children. As the other reviews indicate, it is a very convenient walk (5 minutes) to the DC Metro (Crystal City). We arrived @ 1:00 PM, and were allowed to check into our room at that time (another plus for our trip). All the staff were friendly & well "educated" with tips and directions about the DC area. Again, if you are attending a baseball game at Nationals Park, this is an "easy" Metro ride from stadium to hotel (maybe 20 minutes tops.) We will see you again next year, Hampton Inn @ Arlington.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
honolulu, hi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we loved our stay at Hampton Inn:

1) close to Metro station and Crystal City underground shopping - about 2 blocks away from Crystal City Metro, 15 minutes from attractions. You're also only 1 metro stop away from Pentagon City shopping - Nordstrom, Best Buy, etc.

2) comfortable beds and clean bathrooms - these are total must haves for me at any stay, from 5 star to 2 star

3) FREE WIFI (need I say more Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton who charge a $15+ resort fee)

4) FREE BREAKFAST (need I say more again?) This saved our family of 4 at least $20/day. And it was not just cold breakfast, I'm talking hot omelets, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, bacon, pork sausage patties, french toast sticks, make your own waffles in addition to hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, donuts, OJ, apple juice, milk, coffee, tea (selection on hot items vary daily)

5) free shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport - this saved $10 one way for a taxi ride

6) Business center with free printing - many hotels now charge per page for printing

Most of all, the friendly and accommodating staff

This was a great stay for us in an perfect neighborhood location.

Room Tip: We stayed near the elevator and it was fine. Noise from doors closing in the hallway but that happe...
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Arrived just before Midnight on a Sunday night. Called for the shuttle from Reagan National Airport. The person at the hotel told me what door to go through and wait at. About 15 minutes later the van arrived and took me to the hotel, which is less than 5 minutes away. The check-in was very fast and efficient, just signed and got my room key. The room was a bit small but was just fine for my quick overnight stay. Very clean throughout. Bathroom and shower were clean. Water was hot in the morning. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast selection was good. Lots to choose from and everything tasted good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff went out their way to allow us the best experience during our stay. Location is less than 10 minutes from monuments and attractions in DC. Breakfast selection was great,different everyday out of our 3 day stay. Peter and Ms.Zola(the managers) made as many accommodations for our family reunion as they could. And Whitney and Nat (front desk clerks) saved us from getting lost in the city and were very personable.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Another great Hampton stay! Clean and comfortable room, facility is clean and updated. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety from eggs and sausage to a cereal and DIY waffles. Very convenient to the metro. We flew in and chose not to rent a car. The easily accessible metro allowed us to sightsee and there is plenty of shopping nearby Check out the Pentagon City Mall while you are there. A quick hop on the metro and one stop to the mall. Above all, the staff was extremely helpful an accommodatingWe will certainly stay here agin when we are in the area..

Winterville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast was great, and it was close to the Metro. It met all our needs for our family vacation to DC. We would definitely recommend it and stay here again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton