WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
San Jose, California
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great hotel and in a very convenient location. About a five minute walk from the nearest Metro station and from there a couiple of stops will place you in the heart of Washington, DC. While we were at the hotel the breakfast area was being refurbished so the complimentary breakfast was in another area and was quite crowded but the staff worked hard to make everything the best they could. The entire staff was very helpful and gave us some really good recomendations for restaurnats.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Glendora, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I chose this hotel because it had a convenient location to Reagan Airport, and to the Metro for sightseeing around D.C. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the airport, which is 5 minutes away, with minimal waiting. The Metro station is about 2 blocks away with yellow and blue line stops. It is about a 12 minute ride to the National Mall. During our 5 night stay, the hotel staff was always friendly and helpful, including the shuttle driver, front desk staff, and housekeeping. Our room was very quiet, contrary to other reviews here. Our room faced Ead St., which is quieter than Jefferson Hwy. In addition, we ran the A/C all night, since it was warm and humid, which also drowned out any noise. The room was clean and smelled fresh. We usually went for breakfast between 6:30 and 7:00, and found a very nice selection of breakfast items, which varies from day to day. The temporary breakfast room always had adequate seating. The lobby and permanent breakfast areas are under construction. The Crystal City Mall was disappointing, because it is a limited underground shopping center, which closes early. There are about 50 restaurants a few blocks away around 23rd St. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Ead St. seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was stranded in DC for an extra night due to weather and was rebooked on an early morning flight our of DCA. I chose the Hampton based solely on price and proximity to the Metro stop because I though I would have to take the Metro to DCA for my early flight.

Surprise, Surprise! They have a shuttle. They said be in the lobby about 10 minutes before I wanted to depart for the airport as the shuttle runs 24 hours. The driver was there, and with no other passengers we left immediately. That was a bonus.

The room was standard issue with amenities (FREE Internet). The lobby was undergoing renovation, but the sign had a date a few days after checkout for completion. Breakfast starts at 6:30 in the morning, and since I left before that I didn't get a chance to see the breakfast.

DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 12 times in 2012, and are coming up on our 3rd stay this year. There are plenty of hotel options in DC, we prefer this one (away from hectic downtown). They have recently refurbished the rooms, brand new workout room, and are currently updating the dinning area. EVERYONE, working at this Hampton is so friendly, they welcome you back by name every time, they chat with you and give helpful tips. Close walking distance to the Metro system, dinning, and Crystal City. It's a nice place to come back to without being in the hectic DC area. (On a couple of trips the maid saw I was trying to learn Spanish and even gave me tips...bonus).

Room Tip: I do not recommend attempting to cross Jefferson Hwy to get to Crystal City the or Metro, cross the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was trapped in the elevator 2 times in a 4 night stay. Management couldn't care less. Acts like it happens all the time. We have stayed here several times before without problems, and like the easy metro access. But, walking up and down the stairs or being trapped for 20 minutes to wait for the fire department is a choice I shouldn't have to make - especially twice.

Room Tip: Pick a low floor and take the stairs.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and poor level of service you encountered during your time with us. If you would please contact us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss and rectify this stay. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Did not see/experience/feel what some of the recent so so reviewers noted. Room was quiet, very quiet. Breakfast, while very busy, was generally good with decent variety. I particularly enjoyed the oatmeal with various toppings. Some renovation going on right now - imagine everything will feel roomier once complete. Pool , while a little small, was plenty big to keep my 9 and 11 year old happy ... even with three other boys in the pool at the same time. Metro station was close. 24 hour CVS a block away was super convenient. Lot's of restaurants within walking distance. Staff was awesome - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a recent business trip to DCA I opted to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Reagan National Airport and I was not disappointed. The shuttle arrived fairly promptly upon landing and making a quick call to the hotel. Although the check in desk and dining area are currently under renovation (It was in fact advertised on their web page when I booked) the staff were most friendly in welcoming me as a Hilton Honors member and quickly checked me in ahead of the stated check in time. I found the room to be recently refurbished with pleasant earthy colors and all the conveniences you could ask for including a 40+ in television in HD, with substantial channels and a very strong internet connection, which worked seamlessly for me throughout my stay. I slept fine with a nice comfortable bed, good air conditioning and a quiet rest. In the morning I found immediate and plenty of hot water, a new shower head and off to breakfast I went in one of the conference rooms due to the construction. Breakfast was what you'd expect at any Hampton and of course it was free. I checkout and asked for a cab, which was quickly called for me and off I went about my business. Throughout my stay I found the staff both attentive and friendly. I will surely put this hotel towards the top of my list when I return for future business.