“Awesome hotel (staff and location), great value. Great stay - great vacation.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Did not see/experience/feel what some of the recent so so reviewers noted. Room was quiet, very quiet. Breakfast, while very busy, was generally good with decent variety. I particularly enjoyed the oatmeal with various toppings. Some renovation going on right now - imagine everything will feel roomier once complete. Pool , while a little small, was plenty big to keep my 9 and 11 year old happy ... even with three other boys in the pool at the same time. Metro station was close. 24 hour CVS a block away was super convenient. Lot's of restaurants within walking distance. Staff was awesome - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a recent business trip to DCA I opted to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Reagan National Airport and I was not disappointed. The shuttle arrived fairly promptly upon landing and making a quick call to the hotel. Although the check in desk and dining area are currently under renovation (It was in fact advertised on their web page when I booked) the staff were most friendly in welcoming me as a Hilton Honors member and quickly checked me in ahead of the stated check in time. I found the room to be recently refurbished with pleasant earthy colors and all the conveniences you could ask for including a 40+ in television in HD, with substantial channels and a very strong internet connection, which worked seamlessly for me throughout my stay. I slept fine with a nice comfortable bed, good air conditioning and a quiet rest. In the morning I found immediate and plenty of hot water, a new shower head and off to breakfast I went in one of the conference rooms due to the construction. Breakfast was what you'd expect at any Hampton and of course it was free. I checkout and asked for a cab, which was quickly called for me and off I went about my business. Throughout my stay I found the staff both attentive and friendly. I will surely put this hotel towards the top of my list when I return for future business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Happily, it was only about a five-minute walk to the Crystal City metro station, and the hotel provides shuttle transport to Reagan Airport. Our King-size suite was spacious and comfortable, tastefully decorated and very clean [besides the cupboards and behind the faucet]. But I would rate this as an average hotel for several reasons. The rooms along the street are very loud - one hears traffic all night long, which the fan could only cover up to a point. That is not the hotel's fault, but it is a drawback nonetheless. The pool is tiny though the pictures make it look spacious. The breakfast room needs more staff to keep the room tidy and also needs to order more food when the hotel is crowded [we only got doughnuts one of the five mornings we were there because they were out all of the other days]. The oatmeal was like half water, half oatmeal - I told the attendant, and her reply was, "Oh, it will soak up after a while." Hmmm... Basically, the staff here needs to up their game and re-focus on being attentive. We stayed for five nights, and on a daily basis, we contended with somewhat lazy staff who didn't stay on top of their job unless asked. What with not bothering to refill tea bags when they ran out in the lobby, taking forever to get them when asked to do so [one forgot about us so we waited 20+ minutes, and one claimed "we don't have any" just to get out of it - though she recanted when another staff member gave her a look and then went and got us some], over-watering the juice at breakfast so they wouldn't have to make so much, not bringing up the roll-away until asked twice - three times if you include our initial phoned-in request, not bothering to clean the dingy cupboards in our room or the area behind the faucet, etc. Yes, I would stay again. But to be an above average hotel, the staff needs to get their head in the game. Also, we did have an issue because we booked the hotel initally on Travelocity. I would suggest you NOT book with Travelocity unless the price is significantly lower than the Hampton Inn direct price. Note that the smaller suite cannot fit a rollaway bed in it, so be sure to book the King suite if you need a rollaway bed. Last thought - get the elevators checked, manager! They are the clunkiest-sounding elevators I've ever ridden on, which is pretty disconcerting. Elevators should not make clinking sounds like that.

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite the street! Also, the small suites do not fit rollaway beds so book a king...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We picked this hotel because of the location. It was only a few blocks from Crystal City Metro!! Also it was only a few blocks from several restaurants. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable that we were able to sleep fast!! The only problem about this hotel was that we picked the “wrong time” because of the renovation. The breakfast area was being renovated and we had to go to a temporary small breakfast area so it was so crowded. However, we were able to find what we want to eat. Someone complained about no fruits, we saw a large bowl of fruits but it was in the far end of the breakfast area. I’m sure that the regular breakfast area will look wonderful when the renovation is completed. If we plan to come back again, we will want to stay this hotel because it’s so convenient to all the shops and restaurants and the metro!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great location and value, however a lot of noisy from the major highway/roads. The ladies in the evening after 5 pm where very friendly, helpful and full of information. The room experience needs a little work but very clean and smelled fresh. The 2 Hispanic Women in the morning were very rude , unfriendly never smile and should take lessons from the night shift on hospitality. Housekeeper was nice and left me extra towels and soap as needed through my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We want you to know that we've addressed our staff members in regards to your review and we don't expect this to be an issue going forward. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because we did not want to stay in the heart of DC. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and loved it. Very comfortable room, great price and great service. Would definately stay there on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were very pleased overall. The hotel is very easy to get to, a few blocks from Crystal City Metro, and has onsite underground garage parking (for $15/day). The rooms were nice, large, and very clean. There was a good deal of street noise, even on the 8th floor--almost seemed like there was an open window or something.

They are renovating their breakfast area, so breakfast was chaotic and crowded in a small room with VERY dirty cloth chairs (I am talking gross). Hopefully, these aren't the usual chairs, or they will have new ones to go w/ the renovation. As someone else here mentioned, the breakfast ran out very quickly...the oatmeal was terrible, and there was not any fresh or even canned fruit when we went down (breakfast ended at 10 on a Saturday, and we were there at 9 a.m., so not sure what's up with that!). Also, no bagels?

Anyway, overall a good location, good stay, for a decent price. Take earplugs for sleeping if you are a light sleeper :).

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the next door hotel, rather than the street, if available. Wait to go after r...