“nive place to stay in DC”

Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
huntsville
“nive place to stay in DC”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

nice, clean hotel, easy walk to metro....they even shuttled me to TJ Maxx one night! No complaints.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hamption Inn and Suites in Arlington was a great location for our April 2012 trip to Washington.
Got into Reagan at 12:30, hotel shuttle picked us up, registered at hotel, bags in room, walked a block to the Metro at Smithsonian by 2 pm.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice, clean rooms, Good complimentary breakfast, near metro station, restaurants. Between DC and Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed five nights at the Hampton on a recent " see the sites" trip to Washington DC . A perfect location in close proximity to our flight in and out of Ronald Reagan National Airport. Shuttle was prompt in picking up, quick 5 minute ride to hotel, driver even took our bags into the front desk for us, much appreciated. Front desk staff were always very courteous and able t answer any of our questions. King bed suite offered plenty of room, clean and well appointed. Problem with micro- wave was fixed promptly by " William" in maintenance who replaced with a new one right out of box, again appreciated. Hotel is an easy 5 minute walk to Crystal City Metro station enabling access to DC tourist sites( use back exit of hotel ) Great restaurants a brief block or two away, so lots of choices for dinner etc. Breakfast provided by hotel was as expected for Hampton , lots of choice of cereals breads , fruit etc. precooked eggs and meats for those who may like . Breakfast area was quite attractive , high ceilings , comfortable seating. Quite busy certain times in the a.m. with student tour groups but to be expected given time of year
We prefer to stay in Hampton Inns as they offer the consistency and quality we want without the premium hotel price and this stay certainly met our expectations and then some, we highly recommend it for couples or families touring the DC area

Room Tip: Traffic noise may be a bit less on north side away from Jefferson Davis highway but not a real issu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I can wholeheartedly & enthusiastically recommend this hotel. Perhaps the nicest Hampton Inn my family and I have stayed at.

Clean rooms, excellent customer service from all the staff, close to the Crystal City Metro station, nice breakfast spread in the AM, easy access parking, and free shuttle to/from DCA are all reasons why this hotel is worth it!

Couldn't have asked for a better hotel during a family visit to DC.

Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TomL911
Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights during the work-week for business. This hotel is very nice, very busy, has a great inclusive breakfast, and is centrally located to public transportation for travel into the downtown area. Most of the interactions I had with staff were friendly and helpful, and they did not seem rushed or distracted, and seemed to handle the volume of guests well. Also, I cannot say enough nice things about the shuttle driver - we used the shuttle once to go to Pentagon City Mall - and he was great. The rooms were standard Hampton Inn rooms with standard Hampton amenities. That's the great thing about the Hampton brand: you can always know what to expect. My one tip for rooms would be to be sure not to be on a floor with tour groups/big family groups. On our 3rd night, there was a lot of running/yelling on our floor, until at least midnight. I will say that I wish that the front desk staff had better listening skills and was a little more knowledgeable about things/directions in the area. Upon arrival, we had clearly taken the "long" way to the hotel from the metro and when we asked the staff for a better route they sent us the same way. The next morning when I left for my meeting I asked again, and was told to leave out the back door and thus, only have to cross 2 streets to get to the metro. Make sure you do this and avoid playing frogger across multiple intersections with multiple islands. On that same note, we asked for a suggestion for pizza delivery for dinner and the staff really couldn't suggest anything other than Papa John's pizza. Fortunately I had yelp on my phone and was able to find a fantastic place to order in that was super reasonable (Brick's Pizza - you won't be disappointed). Finally upon departure from this hotel, we moved to another hotel that was closer to Dulles, as we had an early morning flight the next day. The train line was being worked on and traveling by train/bus/train/motorcoach seemed tedious so we decided to look into cab/car service options. When I asked the front desk just a ballpark of how much it would be to get to Chantilly, by Dulles airport, I was told $70. OK fine. I expected that. She then told me that a car service would charge less, would be a flat fee, and would be nicer. She called a car service and told him we wanted to go to Dulles, and I said repeatedly, Chantilly. So, when when the car came, which was very nice and we were told $70 - but by that time we just wanted to go; we were already on the highway and he was ready to take us to DULLES, at which point I told him I had told the girl at the front desk, CHANTILLY.....at which point he increased our fare by $15. We ended up paying $100 (including tip, so $85) for a trip that according to the girl who made our reservation, should have cost us less than $70. What really stinks about this is that my lasting impression of this hotel is based upon having to pay $30 more than I expected for a trip to CHANTILLY, not DULLES. When traveling you are in a position to trust the people at the front desk of your hotel to steer you in the right direction for things, and unfortunately this was not one of those times. The difference in fare would not have changed my mind, but it would have been nice to know, as I was expensing the transporation. So, this hotel overall is really nice and the price is right so I expect I will stay here again sometime, but my lesson learned is do your homework before you inquire about a service from the front desk.

Room Tip: Get a room on a floor without tour groups, and if you're walking to the metro, leave out of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Medusa, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We found the hotel was perfect. The location was excellent...right near the metro and restaurants. The continental breakfast was filling, the indoor pool was a bonus, and the rooms were comfy, clean, and quiet. The secure parking was $15 per day, which is a real value for the area. The price of the rooms was very reasonable, and the staff was helpful and friendly. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to DC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- the staff, the staff the staff. We arrived to check in Very early with our19 month old twins. The manager sent housekeeping to our room to clean it. 15 mins later we were in our room.
- one morning there wre no bananas. The manager, who walks through the dining room, made sure that when the food order arrived, she brought us a bunch of bananas.
- Peter, the general manager, called us about an hour after check in to make sure that the room was ok, the cribs were there, etc
- there was not a single interaction with staff that wasn't amazing. I CANNT say enough good things about that aspect of this hotel
- rooms are standard Hampton inn - clean and comfortable
- location is awesome. Right off the metro (two blocks)

Cons:
- breakfast area is small
- bathroom very small (but it is an urban hotel)

Overall I cannot be happier that I decided to stay in this hotel. I am beyond impressed by the staff and their attitudes and helpfulness and to me that goes a very long way.

Stayed April 2012