“No Bells Toll at this Taco Shop”
Review of District Taco

District Taco
Ranked #101 of 883 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“No Bells Toll at this Taco Shop”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Pretty good tacos, great choice of fillings. They can accommodate special orders. Drink selection is good. If you have to have a taco in Arlington you can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
“Tasty Mexican Food but Crowded, Poor Parking”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I enjoyed District Taco, which features fresh ingredients and soft corn or flour tacos. Unlike one of the other reviewers here, I thought the carnitas taco (pork) was much tastier than the steak options. I tasted my husband's beans and rice order and thought the beans were undercooked but he liked them. The cheese dip was a little bland, but we mixed in jalapenos from the salsa bar and that improved it immensely.

The restaurant was very crowded but we found a table for four, although there were mostly long tables that I think people were sharing. This is in one of the strip malls along Lee Highway between Glebe and Route 50 so the surroundings are not great and the parking was awful. Happily everyone was polite as people had to wait and slowly back out to maneuver in the space.

I would definitely return!

• Visited June 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Fresh basic Mexican Fare”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

On a Saturday for lunch, it was crowded, and by the time our order was placed, people were queued outside the door. If you plan to eat inside, you just have to find spaces somewhere along a long table. A few tables for two exist. This fast food joint is located in a small strip mall with limited parking. In fact there is valet parking for the entire shopping center but we lucked out with a parking space. We just ordered a taco and burrito. You specify every condiment, & even the type of protein (chicken, beef or pork, etc.) you want on the taco or burrito so it is confusing for a first-timer. Agree it is fresh tasting but found it too basic. Perhaps we should have ordered something else, but there are no combination dishes or specials to guide you. Obviously this is a popular place. We love Mexican food but doubt we will give this location another try.

• Visited May 2013
Washington, DC
“Excellent Mexican food!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend recently introduced me to District Taco, and we love going there! It's always packed, and the food comes out quickly! We like that they are vegetarian friendly! I've had the soft tacos, burrito bowl, quesadilla, and they were all delicious!

Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“My go-to place for authentic breakfast tacos”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am glad I finally found my go-to spit for breakfast tacos. Being from Texas, I missed my Saturday morning tacos with eggs, potatoes and cheese ladeled with a nice salsa. I finally found district taco and was so happy with them I went twice in one weekend. They offer either flour or corn tortillas and multiple toppings over the basic egg, cheese and potatoes. I tried multiple variations of toppings and discovered my favorite was chorizo. It added just the right amount of zesty and spice to the otherwise neutral flavor of eggs and potatoes. I also like the guacamole. I think the BEST part of all is the salsa bar. I like the sauce that is bright reddish orange as this was a staple in Texas (really spicy) but I also loved their green tomatillo salsa. The flavor was bright and fresh, just what I needed to start my weekend. They also serve fresh line wedges, diced jalapeños, cilantro and other sauces. Very authentic in my opinion. The second day I went back to try lunch tacos and had my standard favorite carne asada (steak) Mexican way with corn tortillas, onion and cilantro....topped with the fresh salsas, it was great. They open at 7 am on the weekends. I recommend going early. The first day I went at around 9am and the wait was not bad. On Sunday I went at around noon and the line was out the door. Still not a bad wait considering the long line though. At $7 for three tacos in the Washington DC area, you cannot get a better deal!

• Visited May 2013