“Fresh basic Mexican Fare” 3 of 5 stars

District Taco
Ranked #89 of 836 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Falls Church, Virginia
“Fresh basic Mexican Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

On a Saturday for lunch, it was crowded, and by the time our order was placed, people were queued outside the door. If you plan to eat inside, you just have to find spaces somewhere along a long table. A few tables for two exist. This fast food joint is located in a small strip mall with limited parking. In fact there is valet parking for the entire shopping center but we lucked out with a parking space. We just ordered a taco and burrito. You specify every condiment, & even the type of protein (chicken, beef or pork, etc.) you want on the taco or burrito so it is confusing for a first-timer. Agree it is fresh tasting but found it too basic. Perhaps we should have ordered something else, but there are no combination dishes or specials to guide you. Obviously this is a popular place. We love Mexican food but doubt we will give this location another try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars

Washington, DC
“Excellent Mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend recently introduced me to District Taco, and we love going there! It's always packed, and the food comes out quickly! We like that they are vegetarian friendly! I've had the soft tacos, burrito bowl, quesadilla, and they were all delicious!

Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“My go-to place for authentic breakfast tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am glad I finally found my go-to spit for breakfast tacos. Being from Texas, I missed my Saturday morning tacos with eggs, potatoes and cheese ladeled with a nice salsa. I finally found district taco and was so happy with them I went twice in one weekend. They offer either flour or corn tortillas and multiple toppings over the basic egg, cheese and potatoes. I tried multiple variations of toppings and discovered my favorite was chorizo. It added just the right amount of zesty and spice to the otherwise neutral flavor of eggs and potatoes. I also like the guacamole. I think the BEST part of all is the salsa bar. I like the sauce that is bright reddish orange as this was a staple in Texas (really spicy) but I also loved their green tomatillo salsa. The flavor was bright and fresh, just what I needed to start my weekend. They also serve fresh line wedges, diced jalapeños, cilantro and other sauces. Very authentic in my opinion. The second day I went back to try lunch tacos and had my standard favorite carne asada (steak) Mexican way with corn tortillas, onion and cilantro....topped with the fresh salsas, it was great. They open at 7 am on the weekends. I recommend going early. The first day I went at around 9am and the wait was not bad. On Sunday I went at around noon and the line was out the door. Still not a bad wait considering the long line though. At $7 for three tacos in the Washington DC area, you cannot get a better deal!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CleeShee
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love Mexican food, especially authentic Mexican. Loved the Heuvos Rancheros served all day, also the fish tacos and beef tacos. Great prices too

• Visited April 2013
McLean, VA
“Flavorless Carnitas, bone-dry Al Pastor. NOT for pork lovers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really, really wanted to love this place as so many reviewers here do. We need more Mexican restaurants in North Arlington/McLean. But after three visits, I simply don't understand all the raves. I can honestly say that the carnitas here is the worst I've ever had. It doesn't taste like anything at all. Having had it twice, on my third visit I tried their Al Pastor, which was even worse. Decent flavor, but the meat was absolutely bone-dry. This was at 7 PM, prime dinner time. Chips and salsa? Meh.

I know my way around Mexican food pretty darn well, having lived in California for many years, and also in the Southwest, Texas, and Oklahoma. I love Mexican and wanted to like District Taco!

Yes, it's usually crowded (and good luck finding parking.) Yes, the line is usually long. Yes, it's loud, and seating is group and/or family style, so you could end up sharing a table.

My wife enjoys the chicken tacos. If we ever go back, that's what I'll have.

• Visited April 2013