“Excellent Mexican food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

District Taco
Ranked #84 of 848 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, DC
“Excellent Mexican food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend recently introduced me to District Taco, and we love going there! It's always packed, and the food comes out quickly! We like that they are vegetarian friendly! I've had the soft tacos, burrito bowl, quesadilla, and they were all delicious!

Visited May 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“My go-to place for authentic breakfast tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am glad I finally found my go-to spit for breakfast tacos. Being from Texas, I missed my Saturday morning tacos with eggs, potatoes and cheese ladeled with a nice salsa. I finally found district taco and was so happy with them I went twice in one weekend. They offer either flour or corn tortillas and multiple toppings over the basic egg, cheese and potatoes. I tried multiple variations of toppings and discovered my favorite was chorizo. It added just the right amount of zesty and spice to the otherwise neutral flavor of eggs and potatoes. I also like the guacamole. I think the BEST part of all is the salsa bar. I like the sauce that is bright reddish orange as this was a staple in Texas (really spicy) but I also loved their green tomatillo salsa. The flavor was bright and fresh, just what I needed to start my weekend. They also serve fresh line wedges, diced jalapeños, cilantro and other sauces. Very authentic in my opinion. The second day I went back to try lunch tacos and had my standard favorite carne asada (steak) Mexican way with corn tortillas, onion and cilantro....topped with the fresh salsas, it was great. They open at 7 am on the weekends. I recommend going early. The first day I went at around 9am and the wait was not bad. On Sunday I went at around noon and the line was out the door. Still not a bad wait considering the long line though. At $7 for three tacos in the Washington DC area, you cannot get a better deal!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CleeShee
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love Mexican food, especially authentic Mexican. Loved the Heuvos Rancheros served all day, also the fish tacos and beef tacos. Great prices too

• Visited April 2013
McLean, VA
“Flavorless Carnitas, bone-dry Al Pastor. NOT for pork lovers!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really, really wanted to love this place as so many reviewers here do. We need more Mexican restaurants in North Arlington/McLean. But after three visits, I simply don't understand all the raves. I can honestly say that the carnitas here is the worst I've ever had. It doesn't taste like anything at all. Having had it twice, on my third visit I tried their Al Pastor, which was even worse. Decent flavor, but the meat was absolutely bone-dry. This was at 7 PM, prime dinner time. Chips and salsa? Meh.

I know my way around Mexican food pretty darn well, having lived in California for many years, and also in the Southwest, Texas, and Oklahoma. I love Mexican and wanted to like District Taco!

Yes, it's usually crowded (and good luck finding parking.) Yes, the line is usually long. Yes, it's loud, and seating is group and/or family style, so you could end up sharing a table.

My wife enjoys the chicken tacos. If we ever go back, that's what I'll have.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, VA
“Reasonably good food but tough to sit down to enjoy the food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place serves good mexican food. The only problem is the lines are VERY long (especially compared to Chipotle). After you pay for your order, it's very difficult to find a place to sit! Twice I've had to give up and take the food "to go" but the food does NOT travel well!

For that reason, I almost always prefer going to Chipotle Mexican Grill as I can ALWAYS find a place to sit down and enjoy fresh mexican food.

I have come here well ahead of lunch crowd or dinner crowd a couple of times when I'm not in a CMG mood. The food is flavorful, but for my money I'd rather have tacos etc. from Taco Bell down the road.

• Visited January 2013