“Flavorless Carnitas, bone-dry Al Pastor. NOT for pork lovers!” 3 of 5 stars

District Taco
Ranked #81 of 838 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
McLean, VA
“Flavorless Carnitas, bone-dry Al Pastor. NOT for pork lovers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really, really wanted to love this place as so many reviewers here do. We need more Mexican restaurants in North Arlington/McLean. But after three visits, I simply don't understand all the raves. I can honestly say that the carnitas here is the worst I've ever had. It doesn't taste like anything at all. Having had it twice, on my third visit I tried their Al Pastor, which was even worse. Decent flavor, but the meat was absolutely bone-dry. This was at 7 PM, prime dinner time. Chips and salsa? Meh.

I know my way around Mexican food pretty darn well, having lived in California for many years, and also in the Southwest, Texas, and Oklahoma. I love Mexican and wanted to like District Taco!

Yes, it's usually crowded (and good luck finding parking.) Yes, the line is usually long. Yes, it's loud, and seating is group and/or family style, so you could end up sharing a table.

My wife enjoys the chicken tacos. If we ever go back, that's what I'll have.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Arlington, VA
“Reasonably good food but tough to sit down to enjoy the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place serves good mexican food. The only problem is the lines are VERY long (especially compared to Chipotle). After you pay for your order, it's very difficult to find a place to sit! Twice I've had to give up and take the food "to go" but the food does NOT travel well!

For that reason, I almost always prefer going to Chipotle Mexican Grill as I can ALWAYS find a place to sit down and enjoy fresh mexican food.

I have come here well ahead of lunch crowd or dinner crowd a couple of times when I'm not in a CMG mood. The food is flavorful, but for my money I'd rather have tacos etc. from Taco Bell down the road.

• Visited January 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Started as a truck; I would chase it down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Could be compared with Chipotle or Baja Fresh but, for our money, much better. Have tried the beef and breakfast tacos so far and both are TDF. Everything is fresh and, of course, made to order. There is usually a long line but it moves quickly. They take your order at the register and then deliver the food to your table. Two special treats: soft drink that are not the usual Coke or Pepsi products but reasonably priced and a buffet of salsas of varying heat and pick de gallo.

Visited April 2013
Falls Church
“We love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent food. We particularly love their breakfast tacos. Delicious! And their hot salsa is the best that we've found in our area.

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“District taco always fresh and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The tacos and salads are delicious. The guacamole is great quality. The service is friendly and efficient and the salsa bar is spicy. What more is there?

• Visited March 2013