“Delicious soup and baklava!”
Review of Afghan Kabob House

Afghan Kabob House
Ranked #175 of 902 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Combining the authentic Afghan recipes we love with the organic ingredients our customers deserve, we're bringing you dishes that will leave you wanting more. When you join us for a meal in our cozy atmosphere, you'll feel right at home with comfort dishes like kabobs, soup, and warm, fresh Afghan bread. As much as we care about serving delicious food, we care about serving our community. That's why we offer 25% off for active military and veterans, as well as free soup and bread during the cold winter months. We hope you'll join us for a flavorful taste of Afghanistan soon!
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a Scoutmob deal for a free bowl of soup and naan, and I wasn't disappointed by the flavor of either. Had some baklava for dessert (although I think they spelled it differently), which was tasty and a good deal for how much you got. My only complaint would be the styrofoam dishes - I understand the desire to cut costs and use disposables, but traditional styrofoam is inexcusable these days, in my opinion. Next time, maybe I'll bring my own bowl!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My favorite middle-eastern/fast food place in the Arlington area. Best kebabs I have ever had, and prices are hard to beat. You can also get a huge piece of baklava for just about $2. Worth a visit/call if you are in the courthouse area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We ordered for a small party and were impressed with the service and food quality. Placing the order via phone was easy and didn't take long. We set up a delivery time and the person arrived on time and had a friendly attitude. We had chicken and meat kebabs and the guests said they were tasty - not too dry and the cx was tender. The chicken was reddish - a tandoor style look - just so you know what to expect. People ate more of the the cx than the beef. The bread and salad were also good, although next time I would probably try the hummus. The top layer of bread dried out quickly, but the pieces underneath that layer were tasty. We ordered spinach as a side dish and like that too. Many people tried and liked the yogurt sauce. The green sauce is billed as mild, but it's rather spicy. The more sensitive among us steered clear after a taste, although a friend of ours originally from Mexico gladly took the leftover portions home with him. We had a lot of food and our guests liked it. I had put out some "extras" in case people didn't like the catered option, but the "extras" remained mostly untouched as the Kabob House was a hit. I have not visited the restaurant itself, so cannot comment on atmosphere.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We ordered quite a few times from this place. The food is almost always great, although the quality can vary quite a bit. Deliveries sometimes took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.

1  Thank nicothed
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I went here expecting to eat at Atilla's, which had been an old favorite when I used to live in this area. I was surprised to walk up and find Atilla's gone and this restaurant in its place.

I thought the food was very good. However, the styrofoam plates, plastic cutlery, and room-temperature bread detracted from what could have been a better dining experience. The underworked delivery people lounging around the dining area made it appear that there wasn't enough business to go around.

In sum, I enjoyed the taste and texture of the food. I would eat there again, but the place could use some refinements.