“Great staff, great food”
Review of Ted's Montana Grill - CLOSED

Ted's Montana Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
“Great staff, great food”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I dined at this restaurant twice this week. Great location. Food was fresh and well-prepared. Wine list isn't extensive, but it is carefully selected with good value across the list. Best part is the service. Welcoming, prompt and knowledgeable.

Sparta, New Jersey
“Just another Appebees with better food”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Ted's attempts to be a standout among the chain restaurants... While the food is quite good (we had bison for the first time) they fail to provide the most basic of dining customer expectations : deliver the food prepared as requested and allow the customer to enjoy a course before receiving the next one. I ordered my bison steak at medium and it came out rare... And we had not yet finished out appetizer when our main arrived. We arrived early and the place was not busy so not sure why this proved to be difficult for them...unless this is their standard of service. So yes the food was good but poor execution puts this place on par with an Applebees, so set your expectation accordingly.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Everthing tastes better than it sounds.”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Everyone can find something they will enjoy on Ted's menu. Some may say I am a picky eater, and I have NEVER had any issues enjoying my meal at Ted's. I've been at least 10 times, so I've seen the menu evolve.

I love the fact that they use shaved ice. It makes any beverage even tastier.

Appetizers are great, whether you choose the chili, potato chips, or 1 of 3 salads--I promise you will enjoy it. The only problem is that you may then be too full to enjoy your meal when it arrives.

Meatloaf is fabulous, whether u get the entree or sandwich. Yum!

The bugers are fabulous. There is a long list of choices, and don't be afraid to be daring. I have never had a bad one. And even the Red Rock with jalapeño peppers is not spicy. It's as if they do all the prep perfectly that u get just the slightest taste without the tummy troubles.

Definitely like that for a side you can get 50/50 fries and huge onion rings. And the Mac N Cheese tastes great.

I'm from Annapolis MD so you should understand why I've had better crab cakes than Ted's...but still it wasn't a bad crab cake.

Atmosphere is great. Not too fancy and a million times better than any other comparable chain. You can come in with your baby and or toddler and not freak out if they cry.

I've also never had a sucky waiter at Ted's. They expedite the food quickly, so you will likely have to wait a few minutes for your fries to cool down before you dig in.

“Good, casual steakhouse.”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you are looking for a casual steakhouse where kids are welcome, this is a good place. Kind of like a Longhorn. Had the prime rib. Quality of meat was good but was precooked to one temperature with no temperature option. Green beans didn't have much flavor. Wine list consistent with casual restaurant. If you are looking for a romantic or quiet dinner, suggest elsewhere