“Great place with great people for a stay in DC”

Comfort Inn Pentagon City
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I read the reviews after booking with the tour and wondered if I had made a mistake. I didn't make a mistake at all. The rooms were very clean, very clean! The staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful. The staff that I talked to were able to speak english. My room had a lockbox for valuables so there was no threat of theft. Everything in my room worked, internet access was easy to setup. Breakfast was great, and the coffee was always available and quite tasty. I was there three nights and my only complaint was one day of rain. I don't think Comfort Inn can fix that. The negative reviews that I read here just weren't the case for my stay. The other 48 people in my tour group seem to agree with me. Good job Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank MikeW0120

Reviewed February 26, 2009

I had a layover in DC between Virginia and Tennessee. My flight was canceled due to weather, so I was given a discounted rate on this hotel from US Air. The next flight wasn't until the next morning and I really wanted a bed since I had to go directly to work as soon as my flight arrived the next day.

Check in was painless. The first thing I noticed when I walked in the room was the smell. It smelled like wet towels. I guess, like mold. I don’t know. Normally at this point, I probably would have asked for a different room, but I was exhausted and had to get up for an early flight, so I just decided to deal with the smell.

Over the next few hours I discovered that the hot water tap on the shower didn’t work and the toilet didn’t flush properly. I decided to just go to bed and discover that the TV will not lower below a certain (not so quiet) volume. I slept fitfully. Which is a good thing because I discovered the next morning that the alarm clock didn’t work either.

Some good things: the breakfast was decent and the shuttle service to the airport was free.

It may have just been my room that was in disrepair, but even then I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank sweetvenus
Reviewed November 10, 2008

good location downtown dc 7 minutes, without traffic. with about 20 min.
breakfast ok, served on china, not plastic
staff helpful

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Nice Hotel at great rate around DC.Provided good Continental Breakfast and the room was well furnished. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly, overall a decent hotel you can stay for couple of days.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Gayathri K
Reviewed August 25, 2008

- Room was dirty- had the smell of wet dog

-Continential breakfast required passes (not a big deal) but we watched the hotel staff chase people out of the breakfast room if they didn't have their passes, it was a little too aggressive for our taste

- Bugs Everywhere

- Shower was filty, full of mold/mildew (not sure what it was but it was black)

- One of the worst experences we've ever had

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ddibe700
Reviewed May 31, 2008

While a registered guest at this Comfort Inn, a shopping bag was removed from my room by housekeeping. It was reported missing immediately and returned 48 hours later with items stolen. Management (Mr. Vohra and Mr. Cahlas) offered apologies but refused to reimburse the value of the stolen items or offer any retribution. Customer Relations for Choice Hotels International refused to become involved, deferring to the independently owned property. Subsequent calls and emails have not been answered by Mr. Vohra. Customer satisfaction and respect is obviously of the lowest priority. Beware of staying at this hotel. You will not have the support of management or headquarters in resolving any disputes. We learned a hard lesson and are extremely disappointed in Choice Hotels and the Comfort Inn Pentagon. Shame on Mr. Suvah Vohra and Mr. Rodrigo Cahlas for unethical treatment of "guests" and lack of personal integrity.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Frequent-flier49
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Surprisingly shopworn and shabby. We needed a night near Reagan National Airport for a night that was virtually sold out all around the area. The best we could find available was a room at the Comfort Inn Pentagon, with 2 double beds, for a AAA rate of $161.10. At about $50, this room would have been a decent value; at the sum we paid, we would not have expected so much wear and tear in both public areas and the room----worn rugs, scratched sinks and walls, thin towels with lots of pulled threads, even a missing top knob on our ice bucket. Staff was nice, shuttle service was fine and breakfast was adequate, but the place needs an overhaul to warrant prices in the triple digits, even in the D.C. area. Thankfully, it was clean---no roach motel feeling to it, so don't be afraid of staying here if it's your only choice, but don't be expecting a honeymoon hotel either.

Stayed: April 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Econo Lodge Metro
Econo Lodge Metro
#31 of 52 in Arlington
Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!