“Comfort and courtesy at Comfort Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Pentagon City

Comfort Inn Pentagon City
Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Comfort and courtesy at Comfort Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after searching for a hotel that was moderately priced, yet comfortable, modern and attractive near Georgetown. This can be a challenge in this area especially at certain times of the year. A quick drive over the Key Bridge and we found the Comfort Inn with relative ease. Also, a challenge in the DC area. (The only slight problem is that it is "hiding" behind the Best Western. A minor hitch, only on checking in.) The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions on transportation (there is a shuttle to the Metro.) The rooms were clean and comfortable and attractive. I would recommend losing the outdated quilted spreads, though. They have a nice breakfast every morning and it was crowded each day. The staff was pleasant and helpful our entire stay. I enjoyed returning to our room and spending time there something you cannot always say about some places. The beds were comfortable and I slept well, which is unusual for me. There is ample, convenient parking. Easy access to highways. Next visit to our son, we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were very quiet.
1 Thank Karen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Freeport, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed her for 7 nights as we made our way around Washington DC. We liked that the hotel was so convenient to Metro transit to get to popular sites. There is the convenience of a hotel shuttle to the Metro but a short drive to Crystal City gets you to a beautiful mega shopping center/restaurant area where you can park and stay inside while walking to the Metro station to Washington and shop and stop to eat on your way back to your car.
The staff at this Hotel is great-friendly and helpful. This is a Comfort Inn-you have to remember that. Typical breakfast. We didn't come to this area to spend a lot of time in a hotel room so we were pleased with our experience at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candace C
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband stayed here for 5 nights while attending a conference. He forgot an item in his room (with meds) and called that evening after arriving home. The hotel desk person had the item and promised that it would be shipped to us the next morning and sent overnight (at our expense) . That was 10 days ago and we have not received the item. I called 2 days ago and the desk person gave me a tracking number - when I went to track it, it's not a valid number. Today, the desk person was unable to help me and said the only one who can help is the manager who is not there today.

Although the hotel was adequae, this lack of service/responsivnes is inexcusable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. It was represented to us at the time of reservations by a Mr. Canlas that the hotel had undergone a multimillion dollar renovation. That is FALSE!!! The photos Mr. Canlas forwarded to us did not even remotely resemble our room or the hotel. The elevators are horrible. THey are so bad that I reported them to the local authorities.
The rooms were so dirty. The bed sheets were dirty. There was trash piled under the bed. The staff is terrible. The breakfast and the servers are disgusting. They resused to address this situation. I should have relied on the previous reviews about the disreputable business pra ctices of the hotel's owners. They are all accurate based on my ecperience. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vincent M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The price certainly doesn't reflect the great staff. They were all very helpful and I got to meet Judy who was so very attentive and informative at the time of my reservation. She was everything a more expensive hotel would want in a Concierge. The breakfast includes a hot buffet of eggs, bacon, etc. They also had a great DIY waffle maker. Every shuttle we took with this hotel was on time and the drivers were friendly and informative. After a long day of sightseeing, the restaurant in the hotel was just fine. No need to go elsewhere especially when you're tired.

Room Tip: Let the reception staff choose the room. Judy steered me away from the lower levels as she knew ther...
1 Thank frankpo1946
Ellijay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel...best Comfort Inn I have ever stayed at. Service desk people friendly and helpful (they called to get me a taxi), room immaculate, nice furnishings. Shuttle very prompt..I only waited at the airport for less than 10 minutes. (You have to call the hotel upon airport arrival, and they say it takes 20 minutes for shuttle to arrive.)
Also the restaurant was impressive, as only one man was taking care of everything in the bar and restaurant. He was SUPER efficient and cordial. Food was good too.

The only negative thing I could say is the elevators were definitely in need of repairs...they were like a freight elevator and jarred you when it stopped.

I will definitely stay here again when in DC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Silver1953Atlanta_GA
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Pentagon City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and are pleased your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We didn't actually stay at the Comfort Inn. We stayed at the hotel next door which shared a shuttle service with this Comfort Inn. We decided to try out the hotel restaurant on our first night there because we were tired of driving, and all we had to do was walk down the parking lot to the restaurant at the Comfort Inn.

The food was average, but nothing spectacular. The bar wasn't crowded, although they looked as if they could have handled a small number. There was only one employee in the entire dining room for taking orders, delivering orders, and bussing tables. Given that we were there at dinner time, I thought he had a fantastic attitude for all that work and only one person to do it.

I'd say that this is a great place to eat if you don't want to fight the traffic or wait for the shuttle to the Metro, but otherwise there are far better places to eat in Arlington and the DC area.

2 Thank StephanieGee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
#10 of 16 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 202 reviews
Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites

Been to Comfort Inn Pentagon City? Share your experiences!